What's new

FOX Renews Arrested Development! (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Woohoo! I've never seen this show but I thought you fans should know. If the 1st season comes out, I might get into it. I switched over during Alias one time and from the 3 or so minutes I saw it looked like a funny show. Another thing, Fox just renewed Tru Calling, one of the lowest-rated and poorly reviewed shows on their lineup. The same people who pulled the plug on Wonderfalls and Firefly folks.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think Tru Calling has defied the odds by getting renewed (especially after being placed in the 8 p.m. Thursday night timeslot).

Tim Abbott

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim
This is fantastic news!! I had never really cared a whole lot about whether or not a tv show was renewed, but this is one that I was really interested in. I can now enjoy my summer.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Fox should do what they did with "24" and get the 1st Season DVDs out by the end of the summer. Then can build more of an audience for season 2.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Probably just to spite Joss Whedon by keeping Eliza Dushku busy so she couldn't consider any plans Whedon might have for a new "Buffy" spin-off centered around her Faith character. Probably reaching, but I'd not be surprised if Fox could be so petty. There's certainly no love lost between Whedon and Fox over their treatment of "Firefly."

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Except that Fox would probably stand to make pretty good money on a "Faith" series, since they own the character and would get the inevitable DVD, third-run, comic book, action figure, tie-in novel, soundtrack, etc. money, even if it didn't run on their network (and if it ran on Fox or UPN...). Instead, they're willing to spend $20M (assuming a thirteen-episode order at $1.5M/per) in order to spite Whedon.

More likely, they're seeing a show whose ratings and quality have improved, has promotable stars in Dushku and Priestly, and may be able to continue building that momentum now that Friends is out of the picture.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Screw Tru Calling, this is about Arrested Development! Excellent news, here's hoping they can keep the quality of these episodes up. Each show made me consistantly bust-a-nut laughing.

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
Good news about Arrested Development. Maybe next season the ratings can reflect the quality of the show.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
There's already "Arrested Development" and Fox in HD threads, but I'll repeat it here. Any show that was in Fox Widescreen (16:9 480p)--including AD--will go to 720p hidef this fall. I can't wait!

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Woo Hoo!
My favorite show has survived! Now it's time to spend the summer spreading the word on the greatness that is Arrested Development!
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: on this great news even if I only have 2:emoji_thumbsup:

Great news re: AD. I'm a huge fan of the show and I've created a few converts as well. I'm looking forward to the DVD's. Hopefully they'll give the scoop on Leonor Varela's Marta re-casting. Then again, we'll probably get the lawyer-friendly version: 'we wanted to take the character in a different direction' or the always popular 'creative differences'. Take your pick now!

Re: Tru Calling. I watched most episodes this year and although the show was pitiful at the start, it did pick up momentum near the end. Initially, my only reason for watching this show was Ms. Dushku :D

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
It would seem that the most likely reasons would be that she had other commitments and was only signed for an episode or two, or that she was offered the lead in a theatrical film and asked to be excused from her commitment to the series. I doubt it was anything more salacious than that.

Regards,

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Great news about AD. I didn't watch but one episode, but really liked it. It was bizarre, and interesting. I'd look into a first season set to catch up before next year...

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
They've just started showing it in NZ a few weeks ago, and I really am loving it. Great show, and I am glad to know there will be more Arrested Development to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks