What's new

Fox - Re: Buffy Season Three Boxed Set (1 Viewer)

Kim_Ayscue

Auditioning
Forgive a newbie to this forum but I thought since this section is titled manufacturer feedback that perhaps my question could be answered here.

My husband purchased the Buffy season three boxed set of dvd's for me for Valentine's Day and I was thrilled. I've been collecting the show since it was first released and will continue until I have all the seasons. My only problem is this: when I received this newest addition to my collection I opened the package to discover that a disc had come loose during shipping and was badly scratched. I tried to return it to the place where it was purchased but since my husband bought it long before the actual date he gave it to me, they were unwilling to exchange it.

My next step was searching the net for a way to contact the studio and or manufacturer and see if perhaps they could replace the disc (since it was only one and I can live with shipping my one disc back to them for a time if it would be replaced). However I found that not only could we not find an answer to our question...but our attempt to contact customer service on the website garnered NO response what so ever. Is all hope lost? Am I stuck with an incomplete set of dvd's because of something beyond my control?

I'd appreciate any and all information you could provide me on this.

sincerely,

Kim Ayscue

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
There were defective trays used on the set (or so the theory goes) by the factory

1-888-223-2FOX

Kim_Ayscue

Auditioning
Thanks for the number!! It took me a few days to get back to you but I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what they have to say! I truly appreciate the information. :)

Sincerely,

Kim

Kim_Ayscue

Auditioning
Well here I am, back again after 10 very long months.

I hate to sound like I'm whining, but I figure I'm giving this company my hard earned money and I should really get what I pay for.

My husband and I took the information provided in the earlier post and we contacted Fox about our damaged set. We were instructed to send it back and it would be replaced within 8 to 10 weeks.

So we waited.

After three months we were concerned that we might have missed the package so we called again and spoke with Karen (the woman who initially had us return the dvds) and she assurred us that a new replacement was on it's way.

So we waited some more.

After six months we began to get frustrated. Again we called and spoke with Karen who apologized for not sending it out sooner. She reassurred us that she was on top of it and the new boxed set would be arriving in a few more weeks.

So we waited even more.

Earlier today my husband contacted me at work and informed me that season three had *finally* arrived. Sadly now there were two discs loose in the package (disc 1 and 3) and again the very first episode will NOT play all the way through. It's almost as if they have returned the EXACT same boxed set back to us.

I must say that I'm extremely disappointed with the way this has been handled thus far. I have since purchased two additional seasons of Buffy on dvd and have been anxiously awaiting the time when I could curl up with season three and enjoy it again. Unfortunately today is not that day.

I am calling out and requesting help, information, anything at all to aid me in getting this problem solved. The show may be wonderful but if I can't get some sort of satisfaction on this problem I'll be forced to boycott any and all Fox products. I had really hoped it wouldn't come to this.

Sincerely,
Kim Ayscue

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Unfortunately this area is not designed to assist people in resolving individual problems with specific purchases. As described in the forum listing:

Ever wonder just how important Home Theater Forum really is? Consider this: Feedback from HTF members has resulted in studios deciding to commit certain titles to DVD! So, post your requests to the studios here. And if you have feedback about current releases, this is the place to share them.
Your best bet is to continue dealing directly with Fox.

M.

Kim_Ayscue

Auditioning
My apologies. I misunderstood the feedback about current releases part and thought that might pertain to faulty packaging and such.

Thanks for clearing that up for me and I will try to continue dealing directly with Fox.

Sincerely,

Kim Ayscue

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks