What's new

Fox : Ravenous (1999) DVD getting replaced on 9/6/05 (1 Viewer)

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
The original DVD for Ravenous which was released back on 9/21/99 went OOP last week, but Fox will be releasing a new edition on 9/6/05.
[c]

(old release cover art - new release cover art)[/c]

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
It looks as if it will carry over all the previous features. Other than that, no additional information has been verified.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully it will be anamorphic. I can't believe I held out all this time, but it would be pointless to reissue the same disc with new artwork.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Ravenous was the first DVD I ever bought, and I've actually been meaning to rebuy it, as its looking more and more worn out every time I watch it. Glad they announced this before I did so. Now I'll just wait for this version.

Patrick Soucy

Second Unit
That's weird, because my Edition is not like the first posted.

It's this one:

So, 3 covers!

I really (Really, really) Hope the new will be anamorphic. That's the only reason for a Double Dip for me.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
This is a fav of mine and its gorgeous to look at.
Would Double dip for anamorphic pic.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I haven't yet picked this up, so I might as well wait. I hate the new cover art though.:thumbsdown:

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Would very much have preferred this last-posted cover, but the new one will have to do, even though it makes it look like another one of those cheap craptacular "horror" mooveez. Amazon has it for preorder but no details of yet.

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
Interesting. To me, a cover with a knife blade dripping in blood with a couple floating heads screams craptacular "horror" mooveez.

In my opinion, both older covers look cheap and do not come close to the original theatrical poster. Instead, they rely on the old "floating heads" style to sell the video, where as the original theatrical poster and new cover art are clearly artistic choices that represent a far more interesting and compelling view.

But hey... some folks just love floating heads. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks