What's new

Fox put in bid to takeover Warner (1 Viewer)

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
cineMANIAC said:
I thought Coca-Cola owning Columbia Pictures was weird but this takes the cake :P
Even more strange than Howard Hughes selling RKO to the The General Rubber and Tire Company?

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
ROclockCK said:
If it can't be lightly washed and eaten raw, or flash seared, or simmered in a crock pot, then I'm out.

Anyone have a good slow cooker recipe for cupcakes?
Well, I guess I wasn't thinking how MANY cupcakes we'd need to sell for 80 billion dollars (at least five or six hundred I'd imagine...I don't know I'm really bad with math.) If we want to make some REAL money we should probably add some good crock pot food like sloppy joe's anyway...

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
FoxyMulder said:
I have a recipe, when i make them they always turn out a bit flat, they fail to rise to the occasion, kinda like modern film remakes.
Somebody must have given it to the studios and now they are using it all the time :(

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
OliverK said:
Somebody must have given it to the studios and now they are using it all the time :(
It's HAL 9000 writing all the scripts these days, HAL only answers to Dave and Dave is on "permanent" vacation.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Will Krupp said:
Well, I guess I wasn't thinking how MANY cupcakes we'd need to sell for 80 billion dollars (at least five or six hundred I'd imagine...I don't know I'm really bad with math.) If we want to make some REAL money we should probably add some good crock pot food like sloppy joe's anyway...
At a mere $133,333,333 million per for 600, who could refuse?

My crock pot chile routinely goes for that...and more.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
ROclockCK said:
For you Malcolm, and even $50,000.
Is that a special two for one offer, if so i might be in, i'd like a little icing sugar on top too.

I'm a bit miffed, why didn't Twentieth Century Fox call themselves Twentieth Century Cat and why does Asda Madeira cake taste better than Tesco Madeira cake, forget about the meaning of life and are we alone in the universe, those questions are not as important, oh and the latest report says Fox are the first studio to pass the $1 billion dollar mark in 2014, a strong year for them.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
ROclockCK said:
$50 G's gets you 1 Crumb + 1 or more 'Crumbettes'*

Crumbette = residue morsels you cannot pick up in individually...only via finger dawbing or area scraping.
We'll squabble over our crumbs while the Fox shareholders will make millions if that Time Warner deal goes ahead, i don't think it's about a love of movies, this is big business and pleasing shareholders and corporate non-entities, let me quote another Fox employee, step forward Mr Bart Simpson.............Ay caramba, eat my shorts Mr Murdoch. :lol:*

*I jest, i jest, don't set the dogs on me Mr Burns.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
ROclockCK said:
Yeah, that's like DC Comics...plus Lord of the Rings...plus all of those classic MGM and Paramount titles...which would be one H-U-G-E schwack of cinema history under one roof. :eek:
The Paramount titles are only on a three year license with a year and half left. It can be renewed but not sure Redstone would want to business with Murdock.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
revgen said:
I'll tell you one thing.

Time-Warner wouldn't even consider merging with Fox if Ted Turner was still there. He absolutely loathes Rupert Murdoch.
Turner's still on Time-Warner's Board Of Directors...he probably threw a shit-fit when he heard Murdoch was trying to buy out the company he'd helped to build...

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I canceled my Sirius/XM subscription this week after they made the decision to drop Classical Pops and only offer it online. That's another example of a merger/monopoly that gave the consumer less choices and higher prices. I hope we don't see more of these.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad this didn't happen or we would get nothing but crappy catalog titles like Fox normally puts out. Not too mention if they did Warner catalog titles would be at the very bottom of their priority lists and we would see far less releases than we do now. From what I read it sounds like it was for Time Warner only and not Warner Brothers studios. I would much rather have Warner buy Fox as then we could get a quality Archive program from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks