What's new

Fox: Prices on upcoming Buffy DVDs...(TV boxsets) (1 Viewer)

Christopher Carr

Stunt Coordinator
As I was looking at online stores such as Deep Discount Dvd and Amazon.com...I came across X-Files Season 5 details. Now I know all of the previous DVD sets have been set at the price of 149.99 for 7 discs.

Well Season 5 of X-Files is stated to be 6 discs...and it is still 149.99. Wow, that's a lot for just six dvds considering the price of 39.99 of the Buffy season 1 for only 3 discs. I am fearful of the Season 2 Buffy box set which will be 6 discs also...

Why would this box set be priced at 149.99 looking at the trends of past tv boxsets I sure hope that isn't going to be the price. If I bought 2 Buffy Season 1 DVD sets that would be 79.98...that's 6 DVDs. Why would it be priced at almost twice that at 149.99???

Fox could you please be considerate to the wallets of the normal public for upcoming DVD releases of Buffy DVD sets, well and basically any DVD set...I mean I could see if you went to a full blown treatment to the Set with like a whole disc full of extra features, and audio commentaries galore but looking at the R2 version it kinda looks lacking in features so please again be considerate to our wallets...

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Buffy is 22 eps/season, instead of the 25 or 26 that the early X-Files seasons were, so 6 discs is fine.

X-Files, I believe has much more of a royalty issue, and all kinds of things that effect the price of it. Considering you can easily find the sets online for $75-80, I don't think that's too bad. I'm fairly certain that seasons of Buffy, since Season 1 set a precedant, will be AT MOST $99.99, and probably $79-89.99.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks