What's new

FOX: Please release Emperor of the North!! (1 Viewer)

Christina_DQ

Stunt Coordinator
I just saw this early 70's movie on FXM for the first time last week & found it to be one hell of a rare,little known but very unique & entertaining movie & is long overdue for a dvd release.
Please give it a dvd release-extras would be nice,but not needed. A great transfer,widescreen & a trailer will be fine with me.
Also try using the original artwork.I saw it up for auction on ebay once & it is awsome with great artwork. I'm sick of the crappy cast shots,that plague posters today.Whatever happened to real artwork?

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
This is a superb action thriller directed by Robert ("Dirty Dozen") Aldrich but which has never been released to video -not even VHS. Time to do something about this one, Fox.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
EMPEROR OF THE NORTH has been at the top of my list of most wanted Fox DVDs for years, and even asked about it at the first HTF chat with Peter Staddon, so naturally I echo this thread's DVD plea. A great film, and one of Lee Marvin's best roles.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
I hadnt even heard of this movie untill I saw it for rent on Japanese LD at SCARECROW.....it was a great film, tho it was a bad P/S transfer...
was the FX showing in WS?
------------------

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Wow, the interest in this movie surprises me. I'd love to see this on DVD and can guarantee Fox at least 2 purchases. A friend of mine loaned me this on VHS. He's quite the train nut.
Any chance of getting it with it's original and more appropriate title Emperor of the North Pole?
------------------
RainHTFpic.jpg

"People always clap for the wrong things." - J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

Christina_DQ

Stunt Coordinator
The FXM (Fox Movie Channel) showing was shown in both P&S and just this week(late night) in widescreen. I saw the P&S version and thought it was a good movie and didn't bother watching it in widescreen since i missed most of it + just saw it the week before and am not into watching the same movie every week. I like watching all movies i like/love again months or so later,so it's fresh again.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Rain-I assume then, your friend knows about RUNAWAY TRAIN...? excellent
film ...
There may be good news here-FOX has released this (Emperor)on VHS in the past year, and if a Widescreen master exists, as shown on FXM, then a DVD cant be too far away, at least by normal studio protocol that ive seen...
I hope.
------------------
[Edited last by Mark_TS on July 19, 2001 at 12:11 AM]

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Another vote for this fine film that I've been waiting for years to see on Laser or DVD.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
well, I hope Peter reads this section of the forum, as nobody asked about this gem, and I was unable to be there....also Altmans' 3 WOMEN...
[Edited last by Mark_TS on August 01, 2001 at 05:31 PM]

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Mark,
I asked about EMPEROR OF THE NORTH in chat last night, as part of my question, but didn't get an answer. To be fair, my query was front-loaded with several film noir titles from the 1940s & 1950s (and Peter Staddon did answer that part), my turn was one of the very last in a marathon-length chat, and there's even a chance that the very last portion of my question somehow got lost in transmission. In the chat log, the end of my question is clipped off; I asked about film noir titles, then asked if there were also any plans for THE FLIM-FLAM MAN and EMPEROR OF THE NORTH, but the chat transcript ends it at FLIM-FLAM MAN. Anyway, I tried, and I'm sure Peter Staddon has and/or will read this thread.
Perhaps I'm a starry-eyed optimist, but I'd like to think that just as many people (or more) would like EMPEROR OF THE NORTH on DVD, as there are people who clamor for either ALL THAT JAZZ or AIRHEADS, which apparently are in the works for DVD release.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Saw EMPEROR OF THE NORTH (at the time called EMPEROR OF THE NORTH POLE, if I am not mistaken) at a theater upon its initial release, and have found it very difficult to catch since, as it is rarely shown on t.v. (until the AMC airing) and was not released to video until a few years ago (and never to Laser). I say, please Fox release this one as it deserves to be seen at last, so a whole new generation can enjoy it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks