What's new

FOX: Millennium & 24 (1 Viewer)

Karim Nogas

Stunt Coordinator
I just signed a "Millennium on DVD" Petition. So far 1029 signatures. A box set of all three seasons would be a definite purchase as would 24.

Thanks!

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Regarding 24, this has been discussed in threads over in the TV section of this forum.
Fox, if you really want to ensure a good return on the home video sales of a 24 box set then please include additional footage to fill the commercial time, if that is at all possible. Many people may be on the fence about buying this series on DVD. The fan base has already sat through the whole thing and known what's coming. They may not all want to shell out for it. But if you offer it with a significant amount of "never-before-seen" content, plus the other 2 filmed alternate endings as supplements, I'm sure many more fans will be intrigued enough to go for it.

James Norman

Auditioning
Are you suggesting there is already existing material that takes place between the commercials (besides the little teaser that says "Every second counts..." which usually seems to be made up either of alternate angles or footage just shown/about to be shown)

Otherwise it might be impractical.

I would love to see "24" come out on DVD, tomorrow (sorry, I know that isn't reasonable) averaging 3-4 episodes over 6-8 DVDs. I don't think this series would need much in the way of bonus content though I agree the two alternate endings that Kiefer alluded to would be fun to see, along with adapting the website material for DVD.

It might be interesting to hear commentary on selected episodes, i.e. the family on episode one; Nina, Tony and Jamey on Two; Sen. Palmer and his wife on Episode 23.... but it wouldn't influence my decision whether or not to buy the set. It would just give me more to listen to.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Are you suggesting there is already existing material that takes place between the commercials
I have no idea if there is or isn't, but something like that was mentioned by somebody in another thread. I don't know, maybe it's like movies where they shoot more scenes (or longer scenes) than they end up using. They have to edit down for time. Maybe they could go back and re-edit a "director's cut" to fill in that missing time using more footage -- as long as it fit in with the rest of the program and didn't detract from it.
It would be ironic if the DVD set of "24" was only really "18" after commercials were taken out. But if they were able to make the runtime exactly 24 hours it would be neat, not to mention be an incentive for buyers.
I do suppose it would be cost prohibitive to go back and film more scenes after the fact. If they could do that then maybe they could insert some material that would tie up some loose ends a little better and make Nina's earlier actions more plausible (but without giving away the ending).
I don't know, just thinking out loud here ... :)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I wish FOX NETWORK would re-consider and show 24 re-runs over the summer. I never watched this show, but with all the buzz I'd like to check it out and not have to catch it for the first time in the second season.

Ben Harpold

Agent
As far as extras I think it would be interesting (considering all the episodes have a similar look and feel to them) if they do a commentary, that they could have each commentary focus on a different aspect of production.
such as actors, director, cinematographer, art department, sound/music, editor, writers, producers.

If there is truly extra footage per episode to fill in the commercials, then you would only be able to fit 3 episodes per disc. Making it 8 disc set. Can you say expensive. It is likely they'll break it up into two sets and make them more affordable. People might be more willing to spend $60 on month and $60 the next month versus $120 all at once. Here's hoping for a timely release.

Christopher D

Second Unit
It would be nice to round up the time to 24 hours, but I'm surprised at all the discussion here and other places online that treat this as a realistic possibility. We're talking about *six hours* of additional material here . . . . it is simply not going to happen, nor should fans expect it.

Nonetheless, it's a great series as is.

James Norman

Auditioning
It would be nice to round up the time to 24 hours, but I'm surprised at all the discussion here and other places online that treat this as a realistic possibility. We're talking about *six hours* of additional material here . . . . it is simply not going to happen, nor should fans expect it.
I agree here. I think the reason people would love to see that is so that they don't lose that sense of "real time" that the commercials helped to provide.
But it's terribly unrealistic. I guess people will just have to realize "24" means 24 epsiodes, and not 24 hours. :)
And I would buy a bare bones set of this, but a commentary of a FEW (not all) of the episodes would be fun. God knows there are enough characters that each of them has a standout episode they can comment on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks