What's new

Fox / MGM March and April: Hemingway & Pacino box, Royal Flash, S*P*Y*S, more... (1 Viewer)

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
From The Bits:

20th Century Fox and MGM have announced a ton of March titles, including Borat (for both DVD and PSP), Cinderella Liberty, Confetti, Fast Food Nation, The Full Monty: Fully Exposed Edition, a Hemingway Classics Collection (containing Under My Skin, The Snows of Kilimanjaro - also available separately, A Farewell to Arms, The Adventures of a Young Man and The Sun Also Rises), John and Mary, The Loop: Season One, Night of the Comet, The Other Side of Midnight, Revenge of the Nerds: Special Edition, a Revenge of the Nerds: 4-Pack Gift Set, Solarbabies, Stargate: Atlantis - Season Two and The Wiggles: Racing to the Rainbow (all on 3/6), Barney: Let's Go to the Fire House, Pretender 2001/Pretender: Island of the Haunted and iZ: iZ and the Zizzles (all 3/13), Care Bears: Care-a-lot Adventures, Care Bears: Forest of Feelings, Everyone's Hero, Garfield & Friends: An Ode to Odie, a Michael Shayne, Private Detective Collection: Volume One (containing The Man Who Wouldn't Die, Blue, White and Perfect, Sleepers West and Michael Shayne, Private Detective) and Christy: The Complete Series (all 3/20), and The Addams Family: Volume Two, Bob the Builder: Bob's Top Team, Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes - Volume 1, The Pebble and the Penguin: Family Fun Edition, The Shirley Temple Collection: Volume 5 (containing Stand Up and Cheer, The Blue Bird and Little Princess - each also available separately) and The Shield: Season 5 (all 3/27).

April DVDs from Fox and MGM will include an All That Jazz: Music Edition, Bedazzled, Bug Rangers: Submarine Sandwich, Little Robots: Reach for the Sky, Royal Flash (1975) and S*P*Y*S (all 4/3), The True Confessions (4/17) and an Al Pacino Collection Box Set (containing The Local Stigmatic, The Chinese Coffee, Looking for Richard and a bonus disc), Author! Author!, Panic in Needle Park and Thr3e (all 4/24).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Some of these have already been discussed in other threads, but this is indeed good news, particularly for me in regard to True Confessions.

Crawdaddy

walter o

Supporting Actor
nice to see ROYAL FLASH getting a DVD release, as it was never releasing on video here in the States.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I, too am excited to hear that Royal Flash is finally making its debut. It was not my favorite book of the series, but it made a pretty good movie with a fabulous cast. I've been making do with a non-anamorphic DVR I recorded off the DiSH.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I hope this is the original 1967 Bedazzled with Raquel Welch, not a new version of the Brendan Fraser remake. Happy to see The Little Princess, like Snows Of Kiliminjaro and Anna Karenina, will be rescued from public domain Hell which gives me hope that a spanking fresh print of Beneath The 12 Mile Reef will see the light of day soon.

The only bummer is that the only way (apparently) to get Looking For Richard is to buy the boxed set!

Thommy...M

Stunt Coordinator
S*P*Y*S

Wow, I have been waiting a looooong time for S*P*Y*S. This film is even better than M*A*S*H........you are about to say I am nuts, aren't you? Ha, just kidding about it being better.

However, it is a definite purchase. It is at times very funny and you must buy it just for the very memorable Jerry Goldsmith score. 1970s Goldsmith is prime stuff. Can't wait for this DVD -- great score, fun movie.

walter o

Supporting Actor
Too bad Fox only had theatrical rights to the follow up to S.P.Y.S for Elliot Gould, WHIFFS, (which was called C.A.S.H in Japan), which I still find it funny to this day (OK, so I have bad taste!).

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
The Hemingway Collection has been announced for over a month - but I still have yet to find a site that lists the formats of the films (5.1 sound, 2.o sound etc) extras and cover art work. Fox is doing nothing to promote this box set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks