What's new

Fox Marquee Musicals in November (1 Viewer)

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Dvd empire is listing "With a Song in my heart" and "The Girl Next Door" for a 11/13/2007 DVD release.

Corey

Screenwriter
They must've just added those cause I just checked on there like an hour ago for new releases.

CineKarine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Karine Philippot
Getting all 3 of course - I can get rid of my TV-taped copies from over 15 years ago :)

I'm a great fan of WITH A SONG OF MY HEART of course - what a glorious film - and a great fan of both Mitzi Gaynor and June Haver, so I could not be happier!!! :)

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
dvd empire doesn't list Bloodhounds of Broadway yet.

Several months ago, over at the Film score MOnthly chat board, one of the folks involved with Fox discs more than hinted that With a Song in my Heart will have a music only track featuring Alfred Newmans background score.
I wonder if we will get the songs without vocals?

Years ago, Susan Hayward was a guest on the Dick Cavett Show and told the audience that she had recorded all the vocals for the film, but when she heard them on playback on the set, she wouldn't let Fox use her recordings. I wonder if they still exist?

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
The Fox Studio Classic web site lists all three as coming soon from their Marquee Musical Collections. They also list their Studio Classics, Cinema Classics and Film Noir coming soon titles. However, they are still listing Boomerang! as a Film Noir coming soon.

The three musical titles are an interesting bunch and will become part of my collection. Thanks Fox.

KellyVO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kelly

So far all I found so far is a featurette for Bloodhounds of Broadway called MITZI GAYNOR: IMPRESSIONS OF THE FOX YEARS which includes a newly taped interview with Mitzi herself.

KellyVO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kelly
I found the extras:

With a Song in My Heart:

*Isolated Music Score
*Restoration Comparison
*Theatrical Trailer
*Still Gallery
*Interactive Press Book

The Girl Next Door

# Restoration Comparison
# Theatrical Trailer
# Still Gallery
# Interactive Press Book

Bloodhounds of Broadway

**"A New York State of Mind: Written by Damon Runyon"
**Mitzi Gaynor: Impressions of the Fox Years
**Dancing as Fast as She Can: A Conversation with Sharon Baird
**Restoration Comparison
**Theatrical Trailer
**Interactive Pressbook
**Poster Gallery
**Lobby Card Gallery

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.