Fox - Man On A Tighrope

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Larry Bevil, Dec 7, 2001.

1. Larry Bevil

Larry Bevil Second Unit

Jun 18, 1999
    I had earlier posted a brief review of this great classic movie on the Internet Movie Data Base website. I pointed out that, to my knowledge, this movie was not available on video anywhere. I have my copy from copying the film from the American Movie Classics channel. I've had several inquiries from people wanting to get a copy of this film. The only option I have is to make a copy of my copy. The net result is that they don't get a very good copy. I would really appreciate it if you would consider releasing this movie on the DVD format. I'm sure, once the video enthusiasts realize the quality of this film about the little Czech circus that escaped from behind the "Iron Curtain", it will be a very good seller. [​IMG]
  2. Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald Screenwriter

Mar 21, 1999
    Peter Fitzgerald
    Oooh, yeah, MAN ON A TIGHTROPE (1953, starring Fredric March, Adolphe Menjou, Gloria Grahame, Terry Moore, Cameron Mitchell...) is great stuff, plus it was directed by a Hollywood heavyweight, Elia Kazan (A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE, ON THE WATERFRONT, EAST OF EDEN, etc), so there's no good reason why this shouldn't be available. Ideally, Fox would release this as a double-feature DVD with Kazan's excellent crime thriller PANIC IN THE STREETS (1950, starring Richard Widmark & Jack Palance). I'd buy it. Please do this, Fox.