What's new

Fox - King of the Hill Please! (1 Viewer)

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Dear Fox,

Your track record for releasing tv shows on DVD is impeccable. Your treatment of The Simpsons shows how much you care about an animated series. Now I ask of you to release King of the Hill, a Mike Judge cartoon, onto DVD the same way you have released The Simpsons. The popularity of Mike Judge can be found on Office Space, but his cartoon King of the Hill is truly phenominal. Extras would be fine, but definitely not required.

Thank you.

Anyone who is interested please say so here.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
King of the Hill should definitely be out on dvd. I have loved this show ever sense it first came out and would not hesitate to buy season-by-season box sets if they came out.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
And *gasp*, it's already in syndication! :)
The only thing I think is holding it up is that I doubt KOTH is popular in other countries because half the humor requires you to be in on the Texas culture, which most of them are not outside of maybe cowboys and guns.
I think it will come to DVD eventually, but not soon.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Also, consider that you are currently working with Mike Judge on a special edition of Office Space. What a perfect time to have him do some special extras for King of the Hill. I bet he would be thrilled to get it out on DVD and supply plenty of extras.

Thank you.

King of the Hill has a following outside of the States. Actually it used to air right after the Simpsons here in Finland. This series "deserves" to be on DVD.

Maybe the show does extract its humor from the Texan way of life but I really can't tell. Never been there. Perhaps the huge difference between the mentality of Hank Hill and regular finnish guy is what makes it so appealing.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
KotH is a very funny show and can be enjoyed by people all over the world, but there are a lot of in-jokes that are aimed directly at residents of Texas (and the American south).
Example: If you don't laugh every time you hear the full name of Hank's niece (Luanne Platter) you're not from Texas!! ;)
Oh yes, to stay on topic, I would eagerly buy box sets of KotH!!

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
Yes, yes and, God, yes!

One of the most imperishably perfect shows of all time requires a DVD release in properly done season box sets.

Consider this message a deposit on the first season box set.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Thanks everyone for signing.

Peter, consider that DVD players are $100 and affordable for anyone. King of the Hill is probably most enjoyed by people who don't frequent this forum or even the Internet in general. Consider that the people who enjoy this series can definitely afford to pick up a DVD player. I can see holding back might help out syndication a little, but not if you do it at a release schedule similar to The Simpsons. Please let us know, if possible, what your thoughts are on this happening. Thank you.

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
I work with a guy that talks just like Boomhauer. I can't keep a straight face if I'm in the same room as him.
I'd like to show my support for a KotH DVD set. You see, FOX, it's not about profit margins and getting better ratings for more advertising revenue. It's about people. You provide KotH and KotH accessories. In this case, those accessories would be a box set of DVDs, hand crafted right here in the US of A. If we don't get our KotH DVDs, we will forever have to hope for syndicated reruns or use poor-quality videotapes. This is the kind of service I'd expect from Mega-Lo-WB.
In the words of Boomhauer, "Dang ol' waiting for the DVD, man!"

Sean Aaron

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Aaron
The show is simply brilliant and since I've rarely been able to keep up with a recurring series I missed quite a lot of these when they first aired; now that I'm in the UK I can't see them at all, so I'd very much like to see a DVD release. Please support R2 when you do, though!

Gui A

Supporting Actor
Yep.
beer_yum.gif

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
..that I doubt KOTH is popular in other countries because half the humor requires you to be in on the Texas culture
King Of the Hill is rather popular over here. No doubt we miss some of the in-jokes, but lots of it are understood and highly appreciated. And some guessed.

One of our family's favourites. Along with the Simpsons and, as far as my 16-yr old son is concerned, Futurama.

Will Buy Immediately.

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks