What's new

FOX: JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH(1959) please... (1 Viewer)

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
...I had an earlier thread in here with about 30 signees, but I decided to start a new one with BOLD subject heading...
In your last chat, Peter, you mentioned that JTTCOTE had escaped your attention, and you would look into it;
But as I look at a recent list of proposed 2002 titles, it was nowhere to be found.
It was, I believe restored or remastered for the very good (THX?) LD back in 1998,so it shouldnt take too much time.
This is one of the CLASSIC- FOX films...Heres hoping we will see it soon.
[Edited last by Mark_TS on November 01, 2001 at 06:06 PM]

Gunnar Syren

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gunnar Syrén
Oh, yeah!
tongue.gif

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
In fact, it's surprising the film isn't on DVD yet. It's great, cheesy fun (love those Iguana-based "dinosaurs" and Pat Boone's pathetic attempt at a Scottish accent). Yet I just love watching this thing.
------------------
2001-a.jpg

Bill Huelbig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Huelbig
I guess it can be called cheesy, but for me it still retains all the power and excitement I got from it at age 10 (I guess that's true of any good movie you see as a kid). And one thing can never be taken away from it: Bernard Herrmann's score is one of the five best ever written for a fantasy/sci-fi film.
Please, Mr. Staddon - can you find a way to put this on the fast track?
--Bill

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
Bill,
Nice to see some other old farts on the board...(I was 9 when it hit the theaters) :)
Cheers

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
The Hermann score and James Mason's performance are what make this one fun for me.
------------------

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
-- James Mason as Professor Oliver Lindebrook
Yes, yes, by all means, YES!.
"A phosphorescent pool; a strange grave for a young Scot."
Damn, now I want to watch the movie again right now.
biggrin.gif

Regards,
Joe
[Edited last by Joseph DeMartino on November 05, 2001 at 04:55 PM]

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
This was one of my absolute favorites when I was growing up - I used to scour the TV Guide every week hoping it was on the 4:30 movie. (This is long before the days of home video, gang!) Finally saw a CinemaScope print in the mid-1980's - it was astounding. I'd love to introduce this movie to my 6-year-old son, he'd love it! C'mon, Fox...

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Count me in, love this movie, James Mason as Prof.Lindenbrook is great as always, and another superb Bernard Herrmann score.
This and that other Jules Verne classic '20,000 Leagues under the sea' with James Mason as Captain Nemo will hopefully be on my DVD shelves sometime next year, mmmmm.

Jonathan.e

Stunt Coordinator
I’d love to replace my widescreen LD. I’d also expect that the extras would inlcude the alternate and additional scenes included as a bonus on the LD.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Does Mr. Staddon post to these threads anymore, or do we only have Mr. Blythe at Paramount?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks