What's new

Fox is still releasing a lot of classic in Spain, never released in USA (1 Viewer)

Colin McGuigan

Second Unit
Real Name
Colin McGuigan
Thanks for the screencaps Juan. I'm waiting for this to arrive any day now and I was cautiously optimistic about the subs. Good to know they're not an issue.
BTW, I think you mean it's available from Amazon.de

westumulka

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Wes Tumulka
Originally Posted by Livius
That's odd - .gr is the suffix for Greek websites.
Anyway, here's a direct link to the title.
Very nice, but at nearly 25 euros to ship it out to me (or nearly 23 british pounds), it's a little out of my price range at the moment. I do want to order something from Amazon de in December, so might add it to that order then to cut down on the shipping.

jcb07

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
j. c. bartolomei
Livius, you are right. The suffix should be .de. What happened is that I saved it in my favorites under a .gr suffix.

lionel59

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael Robert Lionel Evans
Thanks for the great screencaps of LEFT HAND OF GOD Juan. What a beautiful print and transfer! Far exceeding the faded broadcast version on the Fox Movie Channel. Keen HTF collectors should try ebay.de . I found a seller willing to ship to a friend of mine in Amsterdam- total cost EURO13. Always worth sending a seller an inquiry to see if they will ship to the USA or a country beyond Germany/Europe. Let's hope that between Spain, Germany and France we get all the classic Fox titles released that we are after. A warning re the European region 2 release of DESIREE. It really is in 1.77 to 1 (ie. the intended 2.55 to 1 image is cropped). I thought the information given on amazon.fr was a mistake (as so often occurs, even on dvd box covers). The transfer is otherwise excellent but I will be sticking with my (2:1 or thereabouts) LD. Could someone post some screencaps of UNTAMED and SIERRA BARON? I have read that they are poor (though an Amazon contributor is positive regarding UNTAMED) but would like to judge for myself. Thanks in advance, Mike

benbrigade

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
john knight
The quality of "Sierra Baron" is horrific;its not in scope and the quality is awful!
A pity because the film is excellent.
It has been suggested that Fox in the USA may be going down the MOD/DVD-R route so perhaps the film may surface in that format over time.

It is interesting that Universal in Spain are stepping up their vintage film DVD output releasing more and more mainstream (mostly Fifties) titles.

The mundodvd website has screencaps for "Mississippi Gambler" and "Bagdad"

The former looks terrible and the latter excellent!

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
Has anyone seen James Frawley's 1973 film Kid Blue? Apparently it is only available on a Spanish DVD and I'm wondering about the quality of the DVD (clarity, widescreen, anamorphic, etc.?)

lionel59

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael Robert Lionel Evans
Thanks John, Mike. I'd still appreciate seeing a screencap or two from UNTAMED with Power and Hayward if anyone can oblige. Thanks, Mike

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Originally Posted by Marcel H.
New Fox/Impulso titles in October and November(ECI exclusives at the moment - I think):

October (left titles out already available in the UK or States):

King of the Khyber Rifles (1953) (El Capitan King)
The Adventures of Hajji Baba (1954) (Amazonas Negras)
The Big Gamble (1961) (La Gran Apuesta)
I´m in Madrid now and the box for King of the Kyber Rifles states 4/3 and 2.35:1 so it looks like it is not anamorphic which makes it a no sale for me.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
The German "The Left Hand of God" DVD dropped to 8€ at Amazon.de. Furthermore the disc is not region coded. Just received my disc today and checked it myself.

Corkiemike

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Richards
I haven't bought any DVDs from Starscafe for about 6 weeks. Yesterday I visited their site because I needed to log in and change my account details, after I entered my password this is what I got,
THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THIS WEBSITE'S SECURITY CERTIFICATE. WE RECOMMEND YOU CLOSE THIS WEBPAGE AND DO NOT CONTINUE TO THIS WEBSITE.
Has anyone else had this message, and what should I do ?
Help please from Mike

Corkiemike

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Richards
Hello Colin
Yes, I tried to send an email, I even put it through an English to Spanish translator first, but after clicking the contact button I got the same on screen warning message.
Then I clicked a more information link, and the next on screen message said "If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private information into the website" which is exactly what I wanted to do, it was an address change. I've bought from dozens of sites worldwide, and never come across this before.
from Mike

jcb07

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
j. c. bartolomei
I would recommend canceling your credit card immediately.

Corkiemike

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Richards
Thanks Juan, that's good advice. Thankfully I've always chosen the Paypal option with Starscafe, so they don't have my credit card details, well, I hope not !
from Mike

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Originally Posted by Corkiemike
Thanks Juan, that's good advice. Thankfully I've always chosen the Paypal option with Starscafe, so they don't have my credit card details, well, I hope not !
from Mike

Starscafe takes PAYPAL?

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Originally Posted by Corkiemike
from Mike
Me too. If a supplier provides a Paypal option I always use that rather than having to enter and pass on my card details to yet another supplier.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks