What's new

FOX is Chasing Conan For LateNight Tv Show (1 Viewer)

MikeAW

Second Unit
It looks like FOX trying that latenight Tv thing again...
hopefully Conan will take a pay from NBC, and stay where he is. He could end up making telephone commercials with what's his name, Eddie Murphy's friend, or do stupid "Vacation" movies like Chevy Chase, and Conan is toooo smart to do that !
Here's the link...
http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/38139.htm
Conan is a unique, entertaining, Tv Talent, that has become an institution with the network and commercial Tv in general. And he's a man who knows his limitations.

Todd Hostettler

Second Unit
Maybe Conan can use his newfound desireability to wheedle a better timeslot out of some NBC affiliates. He's not on 'til after 2 am here in Motown.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
He comes on right after Leno in most markets. Some affiliates choose to show it later, or not at all for whatever reason.

I wish Conan was on earlier, just because I'd probably watch it more than, but I don't think a move to Fox would be such a great idea.

Maybe they could get Triumph his own show on Fox, and if it fails, he can always go back to his appearances on Conan.

Ike

Screenwriter
They did that, sort of, Graeme. They gave Robert Smigel his own show on Comedy Central, named after his cartoon shorts for Saturday Night Live (TV Funhouse), and it was full of puppets, and cartoon pieces like those he did for SNL. Triumph did a few shoes. It was okay, but it couldn't sustain the hilarity Triumph's 3 minute pieces for 30 minutes. Subsequently, it's not been renewed (has it?)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
That Bon Jovi concert was hilarious.

Conan is the funniest late night show on right now. His show is the only one where even the boring celebrities have good interviews.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
I don't want him to move either....get another guy like the ones mentioned in the article (Maher, Stewart)...Conan stays!

On another note...Andy Richter has a new show coming to FOX; it's going to replace Undeclared.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
They did that, sort of, Graeme. They gave Robert Smigel his own show on Comedy Central

Oh, I know all about TV Funhouse. It's one of the most bizzare, insane and "how'd they get away with that?" shows I've ever watched.... I love it. But I was thinking more of the typical late night talk show with Triumph. I don't actually think it would work, as Triumph recycles the same material over and over again (although, I'm sure Smigel could come up with some new stuff if he needed to). It would be fun to see them try it.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I don't think they should give Triumph his own show. The novelty would wear off too quickly. Let Conan keep a prized segment for himself.

Why not make a Triumph movie instead?

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I hope Conan stays with NBC, just so he stays in 30 Rock and I can do my annual "wait in line for standby tickets in the snow every Xmas" with my bro. As long as his studio is in nyc, the Weinberg 7 goes with him, and FOX lets him do whatever HE wants to do with his show I'll be happy.
I think him being uncool is the reason why he's so cool. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks