FOX is Chasing Conan For LateNight Tv Show

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeAW, Jan 26, 2002.

1. MikeAW

MikeAW Second Unit

It looks like FOX trying that latenight Tv thing again...
    hopefully Conan will take a pay from NBC, and stay where he is. He could end up making telephone commercials with what's his name, Eddie Murphy's friend, or do stupid "Vacation" movies like Chevy Chase, and Conan is toooo smart to do that !
    Here's the link...
    http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/38139.htm
    Conan is a unique, entertaining, Tv Talent, that has become an institution with the network and commercial Tv in general. And he's a man who knows his limitations.

2. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

I for one hope he stays with NBC. If it ain't broke...

3. Todd Hostettler

Todd Hostettler Second Unit

Maybe Conan can use his newfound desireability to wheedle a better timeslot out of some NBC affiliates. He's not on 'til after 2 am here in Motown.

4. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Todd: Being a fellow ESTer, I can sympathize. That said, if he came on before Leno, it wouldn't be much of a "Late Show"[​IMG]

5. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

He comes on right after Leno in most markets. Some affiliates choose to show it later, or not at all for whatever reason.

I wish Conan was on earlier, just because I'd probably watch it more than, but I don't think a move to Fox would be such a great idea.

Maybe they could get Triumph his own show on Fox, and if it fails, he can always go back to his appearances on Conan.

6. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

They did that, sort of, Graeme. They gave Robert Smigel his own show on Comedy Central, named after his cartoon shorts for Saturday Night Live (TV Funhouse), and it was full of puppets, and cartoon pieces like those he did for SNL. Triumph did a few shoes. It was okay, but it couldn't sustain the hilarity Triumph's 3 minute pieces for 30 minutes. Subsequently, it's not been renewed (has it?)

7. MikeAW

MikeAW Second Unit

Loved Triumph at the Bon Jovi concert this past summer !

8. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

That Bon Jovi concert was hilarious.

Conan is the funniest late night show on right now. His show is the only one where even the boring celebrities have good interviews.

9. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

I don't want him to move either....get another guy like the ones mentioned in the article (Maher, Stewart)...Conan stays!

On another note...Andy Richter has a new show coming to FOX; it's going to replace Undeclared.

10. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

11. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I don't think they should give Triumph his own show. The novelty would wear off too quickly. Let Conan keep a prized segment for himself.

Why not make a Triumph movie instead?

12. Scott L

Scott L Producer

I hope Conan stays with NBC, just so he stays in 30 Rock and I can do my annual "wait in line for standby tickets in the snow every Xmas" with my bro. As long as his studio is in nyc, the Weinberg 7 goes with him, and FOX lets him do whatever HE wants to do with his show I'll be happy.
    I think him being uncool is the reason why he's so cool. [​IMG]