What's new

FOX HORROR CLASSICS: VOLUME II (1 Viewer)

Charles H

Screenwriter
Classicflix.com announced that volume 2 of FOX HORROR CLASSICS (DRAGONWYCK, CHANDU THE MAGICIAN, DR. RENAULT'S SECRET) is being released on 9/9. No details were announced, but I suspect that it will be similar to Volume I.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
YES!!

The film selection isn't as excellent as the previous volume (how could it be?!?) but I'm thrilled that Fox seems to be continuing this series and Dragonwyck seems to be the winner in this bunch! Hopefully a Classic Westerns follow-up won't be too far down the road...

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
CHANDU is Lugosi's worst film of the decade IMO. The sequel/serial is a lot better as are the two features that were made from it. SECRET is decent if you like "B" horror films.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Dragonwyck in all fairness is a bit of stretch to classify as "horror" but an outstanding film nonetheless and more Gene Tierny on disc is never a bad thing!

Travis87

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Travis
ive never seen any of these, but i'd never seen any on the first set and i thought it was great. so ill probably be picking this up.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
A shame that DRAGONWYCK isn't getting a commentary. It was a major release in the 1940s and one of the most influential films of the period. There's a lot to say about it from a creative perspective.

In any case I look forward to seeing this film again on DVD. I have no doubt the quality will be every bit as good as in the previous collection.

Irina

Second Unit
Real Name
Irina
Not sure about the other ones but Dragonwyck has been previously released on DVD (region 2 - UK and region 4 - Australia). It's an outstanding movie and, for someone who does not own it already, it's worth buying the set for this movie alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks