FOX - Home Alone & Home Alone 2 Special Editions PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Harrison, Dec 8, 2001.

1. Mike Harrison

A lot of your titles are being given or will be given the S.E. treatment (Speed, Alien, and True Lies will be 5-Star Editions next year). Please, give the fans Special Editions of the first two Home Alone films. These are great Christmas films and a 5-Star Edition of at least the first movie (and have the second be a S.E. similar to what was done with the Die Hard movies) would be awesome. Oh one feature that HAS to be included is...

Isolated Score with Optional Commentary from John Williams!

Thank You. C'mon guys. Let's tell FOX how we feel.

2. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

This would rule. Home Alone is such a sweet movie and it would be great to have a special edition of it.

3. John Kilduff

John Kilduff Screenwriter

These movies are begging for SEs (the first 2, I mean). "Home Alone" should be a 5-Star Collection title. If Mr. Staddon is interested, I even have some ideas for potential extras.

Sincerely,

John "It was as violent as 'Die Hard'...Let's give it the DH Trilogy treatment!" Kilduff

4. Scott W.

Scott W. Second Unit

Sure, what the hell. I own the first two, and wouldn't hesitate to buy them again in SE form. that would be cool!
    Scott

5. Mike boettner

Mike boettner Stunt Coordinator

please fox, do it for us fans!!!! i would buy them in a sec!

6. rhett

rhett Supporting Actor

Home Alone, like it or not, is one of the biggest movies ever, and definitely now the definitive christmas movie, and undoubtedly deserves the 5-Star treatment! Think of how great it would be to hear a Macaully Culkin/Michael Jackson commentary! [​IMG]
    Okay, seriously though, Fox, just release this baby already!

7. Tyler Ruggeri

Tyler Ruggeri Stunt Coordinator

This topic comes up more than any other in this area of the forum, I think. I saw the original Home Alones in KMart today for $13 each and was SO tempted to buy, but I hear the transfers are awful (extras don't really matter much to me with a $13 price tag).

Fox hasn't shown much interest at all in this, but I'd love to have these two to watch over and over again at Christmastime. Count me in!

Tyler Ruggeri

8. Jonathan

Jonathan Second Unit

I have bugged Peter about these 2 movies for at least a year now. At the last chat I asked him if anything had changed in regards to a rerelease. He said no to this year, but maybe a rerelease in time for next Christmas. Lets keep our fingers crossed!

9. Chris Kr

Chris Kr Agent

I never bought the first 2 because i heard the discs were garbage, but I'd buy them if they were rereleased properly - anamorphic widescreen with some features.

10. Tom Brennan

Tom Brennan Screenwriter

I would love to see this as well. I have not purchased the present DVDs and will hold out for better versions.

11. Mike Harrison

I had just been rethinking this idea the other day. I really hope it comes to pass. There has been talk of it apparantly, and even Michael Mattesino has had 1 or 2 talks about Home Alone 1&2 SE soundtracks, but it seems unlikely right now. The SE soundtracks coinciding with the release of the DVDs would be even better! Let's keep our fingers crossed for next Christmas!

12. Matthew H

Matthew H Second Unit

I'd most definateley pick up Home Alone 1 & 2 SEs. I didn't care for the third one, but the first two are among some of my favorite films.

13. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

I own both of the first two films. I absolutely love the first one - it's among my 10 all-time favorite movies. Cheesy, sure, but entertaining, funny, heartwarming, and filled with repeat value. I got Home Alone 2 this past fall with the price reduction, and I realized having not seen it in a number of years, I had forgotten how disappointing it was. It runs about 20 minutes longer than the original, and a good portion of the extended running time can be attributed to the over-the-top and unnecessary slapstick violence. Personally I love the first film not for the "Battle Plan" segment - although that was darn cool and innovative the first time around. HA2 is too violent and any emotion seems forced.

That being said, I would not hesitate to repurchase the original in a MUCH NEEDED special edition - anamorphic and remastered video, a 5.1 track, audio commentary from Chris Columbus, an isolated score, production featurette/documentary, maybe a retrospective feature, production notes, cast bios, deleted scenes and outtakes. Die Hard and The Abyss get wonderful DVD treatment from FOX, so why doesn't one of the most financially successful films of all-time merit the same treatment.

Peter did say Christmas 2002 as re-release time for Home Alone and Big. I've been holding off buying "Big" for about two years now, and I do intend to hold off til the Special Edition release (I've got enough high-quality DVDs to keep me busy for the time being). I really hope plans for both Home Alone and Big Special Editions are going through as planned. Comedy films really do seem to get overlooked by Fox, and it's a shame.

14. Justin T

Justin T Agent