What's new

Fox - Hombre (1967) Paul Newman on DVD (1 Viewer)

BradC

Grip
Thanks to Peter Staddon for the excellent chat last night. Peter, if you are reading this I am very excited about your announcement concerning The Hustler SE next year. However I have heard nothing about another Paul Newman classic from the 60s "Hombre". Based on an Elmore Leonard novel, it is one of my all time favorite westerns. Is any consideration being given at the present to bring this classic to DVD? I would absolutely love to see it!

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
This is one of my favorite westerns and a great role for Newman. I bought the laser without seeing the film and am I glad I did. I would definitely upgrade this to DVD if it came out.

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
Yes I would buy Hombre on DVD in a heartbeat. Definitely one of Newman's best two or three roles, and a great script as well. A classic of the 60s.

BradC

Grip
I would love to bring this title to Fox's attention. Who else is interested in this movie? Please post to the thread.

Craig

Second Unit
Newman was again teamed with director Martin Ritt (from HUD) and the result was another fine movie. Definitely will be on my buy-list.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Brad,
As much as I want to see this excellent film on dvd, please stop bumping up this thread. Thank you.
Crawdaddy
------------------
[Edited last by Robert Crawford on September 19, 2001 at 05:36 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks