FOX: Greg the Bunny on DVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Berggren, Jun 5, 2002.

1. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

There were about 5 new series that I really loved this season. 3 of them were cancelled. Greg the Bunny may well have been my favorite of all of them.

13 episodes of Greg the Bunny were apparently made. It seems like Fox is going to burn through them this summer, and I'll be committing them to videocassette, but I'd really prefer to buy a nice DVD edition. Although it wasn't a runaway hit, I do beleive that those who liked the show loved it enough to support a DVD edition - and at 13 episodes, it would be an easy edition to make.

Please say this can happen!

On the chance that you say yes, the IFC shorts would be a lovely bonus.

Thank you.

2. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

I, too, wish to see this series on DVD. Blah.

3. Brian McHale

Brian McHale Supporting Actor

Brian McHale
    Just remember that, with any new series, they are not going to release them on DVD until after syndication. In other words, don't expect it for several years.

4. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

Brian, I believe Greg the Bunny has not been picked up for next season. 13 episodes is really not nearly enough for FOX to try to sell it in syndication. That shouldn't affect any possible DVD release.

Here's another vote to release the series on DVD, BTW.

5. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

Brian - as Fox cancelled it before the 13 episodes ran, I doubt this one is headed for syndication.

6. Brian McHale

Brian McHale Supporting Actor

Brian McHale
    Good point. :b I guess a series that only made it for 13 episodes is not likely to have a lot of syndication potential.

7. Matthew H

Matthew H Second Unit

I'd snatch a Greg the Bunny Boxset in a second. [​IMG]

8. Teresa

Teresa Extra

Count me in for a Greg the Bunny dvd! I LOVE this show, and am crushed that it was cancelled.
    Fox, think of it this way - you've already paid to make the episodes, just press them onto dvd and turn a profit. [​IMG]
    "I'm a rock star! {imagine high pitched squeaky sound}" man, I love Tardy. [​IMG]