Fox: follow MGM's lead, release Charlie Chan

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Steve...O, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve
    This week marks the release MGM's "Charlie Chan Chanthology" a beautifully packaged set of the 6 Chan films they control. In doing so, MGM has taken the leadership position in releasing this very popular series.

This is a request to our friends at Fox Home Entertainment to please reconsider their position on this issue. The Fox Chan films are not only considered the best of the series overall, they are considered to be among the best series films Hollywood ever produced.

The two dozen Fox Chans (as well as the 8 Fox Mr. Moto films) were all restored. All that remains is to put them in a DVD set and watch them fly off the shelves.

I would welcome any feedback from Fox as to what their current plans on this series (as well as the Moto series) are.

Steve

2. Tom Mantan D.

Steve,

could not agree more. I believe if what I have seen is correct is that MGM is doing pretty good business with this DVD release of Charlie Chan. C'mon Fox, follow their lead!!!

As you said, Fox stands to do really good business, since they restored their films and they are the best films of the Charlie Chan series. However, the Mr. Moto set of 8 films are even better and they would sell huge on dvd(1 box set at one price would sell nicely).

I wonder if Fox is eating a little "crow" right about now, if I remember correctly, the comment "we(fox) would lose our shirt" was made by Fox regarding Chan and Moto. Sounds like a lot of hogwash to me.

Tom D.

3. Tom Mantan D.

Just wanted to update my post with the latest Charlie Chan Chanthology DVD Sales Rankings:

Deep Discount DVD - 18th best seeler

DVD Empire - 22nd best seller

Amazon - 59th best seller

It appears like the Fox executive would have "kept his shirt". You goofed up Fox

Boy oh Boy oh Boy. Will someone ask Fox what it feels like to have egg on their faces??