Fox Fall deals

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by SteveBjr, Sep 10, 2002.

1. SteveBjr

SteveBjr Stunt Coordinator

Aug 7, 2001

David Lambert Executive Producer

Aug 3, 2001
    I apologize in advance, Steve, but I don't think you researched this enough. You see:

$11.95 Volcano
    $15.95 Tora! Tora! Tora! - SE
    $27.90 (you put $26.90, so I'll assume you typo'ed)

Or, instead I can go to Best Buy, get these (they're always in stock - at least at the two Memphis locations) for $9.99 and $14.99, respectively, and that comes to $24.98 plus tax and I have them today.

How much is tax? Well, in Memphis the sales tax is a HUGE 9.25%, because there is no state income taxes. Your local sales tax will be far less, I'm fairly certain.

But with tax, for me, that trip to Best Buy comes to $27.29. That's 61¢ cheaper than waiting "up to two weeks" for these Fox "deals" to be delivered via their free USPS method.

Also, if you don't have a Best Buy near you, check Target and Wal-Mart. They often (but not always) have these titles, and others of those listed at the Fox site, for a bit cheaper. Price points like $9.88 and $14.44, as an example.

Even that being the case, there's always Best the other week had a deal to get 20% off all Fox titles. So these would have been even cheaper, and with free delivery from BB.COM!

I'm sorry to post like this, but I wanted everyone else to be aware of the facts before they took the plunge. In fact, some of the items on those links may be better than in-store prices. But do your research first!!!

3. rodney wiley

rodney wiley Second Unit

Nov 23, 2001
    David, I have to agree with you. Most of those titles can be had alot cheaper. I bought true lies at k-mart for 9.99