What's new

Fox DVD cases (1 Viewer)

Josh Sieg

Second Unit
Well...

Today I bought The Simple Life on DVD. As you know, it was released by Fox. I've noticed alot of my fox dvds suffer from the same disease. They seem to have some plastic on the spine that won't come off with the rest of the wrapping. Am I the only one suffering from this?

Joe Kamsan

Stunt Coordinator
No. I have bought in the past year: Miller's Crossing, Solaris, Predator, Phone Booth and it's the same problem you describe. Very frustrating when one spends so much care removing the security stickers only to have the artwork on the spine peel off. Wonder if any one out there has any answers???

Matt Stieg

Stunt Coordinator
I too have this problem, but mostly with MGM DVD's, and have been meaning to ask about it. Just bought the Midnite Movies double feature Countess Dracula/The Vampire Lovers and I had that problem, as well as on the Kino DVD of Love Me Tonight. It's really annoying because you almost have to scrape it off, and even then it's still sticks there.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
I *hate* that bit of wrapper that sticks on the spine. I've resigned myself to the fact that it is a new, intractable form of matter that exists only to drive up the sales of blank dvd cases.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I have the exact same problem you've been having, and I too noticed that it only happens on my Fox DVDs. Quite a pain in the ass. It was so bad on my Daredevil DVD that I accidentally ripped the case's plastic in half. :angry:

Matt Stieg

Stunt Coordinator
I've only bought a few Fox DVD's and haven't come across it on them yet, but it's my MGM DVD's with which I have the most problem. Sometimes I can get the wrap clean off but it leaves its mark on the spine.

BTW, concerning problems with covers, did anyone notice during the late '90's there seemed to be a plague of slits in the covers of videos? I don't know what the hell was going on, but every other video I was buying had a real nasty slit right through the shrink wrap and through the cover. It still happens once in awhile with videos and DVD's, but man it was terrible around 1999.

MattHR

Screenwriter

If you mean the slice across the title spine, I still see plenty of this. This is caused by the person who opens the master cartons (usually 30 discs) with a box cutter. The tape on a master carton runs straight across the spines of all 30 discs. So, if not careful with the cutter, a person
could slice right into the dvd's when opening the carton.

I've returned several mail-ordered discs that were received in this condition.

Jough

Stunt Coordinator
I've had this problem from discs from many manufacterers - usually only the ones that use the harder cellophane wrap, not the stretchier shrink-wrap.

You can scrape it off with a small pen knife. If you're careful to keep the edge of the blade perpendicular with the edge of the spine it will often peel right off (but just in case you may want to remove the insert paper from the case before doing this).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks