Fox does it again! 2 disc set for garfield the movie! december 6th!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by TheBat, Sep 1, 2005.

1. TheBat

TheBat Producer

Jacob

Garfield The Movie

Time for another double-dip from 20th Century Fox. This time, it's Garfield The Movie: The Purrrfect Collector's Edition due on December 6th. This two-disc set will include both 1.85 anamorphic and fullscreen transfers, along with Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2.0 tracks. Extras will include an audio commentary by director Peter Hewitt and producer John Davis, an illustrated technical commentary, deleted scenes, "The Pick of the Litter: The History of Garfield" featurette, "Garfield: Bringing the Cat to Life" documentary, Garfield Presentation Reel, Composite Workshop (five behind-the-scenes looks at Garfield and friends), Storyboard to Film Comparisons, music video (Baha Men "HOLLA!"), "Gone Nutty" animated short, trailers and DVD-ROM features (Garfield Comic Creator, Lasagna From Heaven, Amazing Garfield, Garfield Jigsaw Puzzles, Find Odie Maze & Mixing Moments With Garfield). Retail is $26.98.

2. Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl Screenwriter

Christian Preischl
    And as with the other Fox double-dips, this has been out for ages on R2.

Chris

3. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    And as with the other Fox double-dips, I refuse to succumb to their greed, especially when they could've done it right the first time, as well as "I, Robot", "The Day After Tomorrow", "Man On Fire" and "Dodgeball". I'll stick with what I have.

4. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    Wait till next year when Garfield 2 hits theaters and we will get the Ultimate Edition

5. TheBat

TheBat Producer

Jacob
    I have the region 2 dvd of garfield.

JACOB

6. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    I know taste is subjective and all, but really, are people actully clammering for a 2 disc SE of Garfield? This nmovie was a total P.O.S., I couldn't watch it, and if you click on my DVD collection, you well see that I have a pretty wide taste when it comes to DVD's.

I really wish they would spend the money on better editons of current releases, or new releases not yet to appear.

About the only Fox titles I've been getting lately are the Noir and Studio Classics.

7. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Phil

8. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

Only Jacob. [​IMG]

9. Magnus T

Magnus T Supporting Actor

Fox does what again? If you didn't see a 2 disc of Garfield coming you deserve to own the original 1 disc!

10. TheBat

TheBat Producer

Jacob
    like I said before.. I already own it.. there might be others that are interested.

JACOB

11. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I enjoyed the film quite a bit and have the current one, that's really all I need.

And, as much as I would like to bitch to FOX about double dipping, at least they are ADDING content instead of taking it away like Paramount is doing with the Titanic SE.

12. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    Actually John, Paramount isn't taking content away on Titanic, the content wasn't official confirmed. True, R2 is getting more content than R1 and it's still a bitter pill, but R1 release isn't going to be less then the previous R1 release, except maybe a DTS track if the original disc had one.

You guys Jacob actually own and like Garfield??? What's wrong with you![​IMG] [​IMG]

But seriously, I have NEVER, EVER seen any request for more content on "Garfield". NOw fox is doing right with the upcoming "The Fly" and "The Fly 2" 2 disc sets, which are double dips, as fans have been vocal about wanting to see footage and material on the first film ("The FLy 2" admitedly is less deserving but fits as a nice surprise/compliment to "The Fly", especially since it contains a documentary on all tof "The Fly" movies that obviously couldn't fit on "The Fly"). But "Garfield"? Fox squeezed this turd out in the theaters and it floated to DVD in record time. The only reason that this is happening is because parents well buy aything "family friendly" to plunk their spawn in front of.

Oh and I'm calling bullshit on one aspect of this release site unseen: John Davis hasn't drawn Garfield in years, he has a staff of gag men and artist to "assist" him. I'm guaranteeing that this wont be noted on this DVD, and that they well show a shot of Davis sitting by himself at an easel sprouting off about working on Garfield.

If I'm wrong, I'll eat Jacob's and John's single disc versions![​IMG]

13. Michael Allred

Michael Allred Screenwriter

Michael

How's that crystal ball working out for ya then?

Fox's unannounced double dipping is shameless and reeks of GREED. With no sign of them stopping this shameful practice, they are now officially in the same league as Sony.

14. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

JIM Davis is the creator of Garfield, JOHN Davis worked on the movie but has no relation to him. I bought this movie just because my friend worked on part of it and I didn't get to see it in the theater, though his name didn't get in the credits- seeing how many thousands of names are in them I guess he wasn't THAT important [​IMG]

I'm a cat person, but thought the story they chose for this movie was incredibly lame and doesn't stay true to the comic strip at all.

15. Michael Allred

Michael Allred Screenwriter

Michael

It was virtually 100% wrong in how they dealt with the characters. Jon gets a good looking girlfriend? Garfield is CGI but Odie isn't?

Incredibly lame is right? Since the B.O was poor I can only imagine home video sales were big enough to justify a sequel.

16. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Not to hurt Jacob's feelings, but the funniest thing that came from Garfield was the birth here on the HTF of the phrase "weird boner for Garfield," as some of you may remember. [​IMG]

Reminds me of a tagline I've seen:

"I'll fluff your Garfield if you know what I mean." - Colin Mochrie

Don't know who Colin Mochrie is, though.

17. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell

Production Budget: $50,000,000

Domestic Theatrical Gross: $75,369,588
    Overseas Theatrical Gross: $123,232,506
    Total Worldwide Theatrical Gross: $198,602,094

It grossed more (both domestically and especially worldwide) than Ray. Even with the old adage that a film needs to gross at least three times its budget to turn a profit, Garfield was in the black before home video sales.

DJ

18. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Thanks, Damin, glad that someone came to little Garfield's defense. [​IMG]

I like it because it's a simple little film that meant no harm, just meant to be a slight and amusing 80 min. Plus I loved how they rendered Garfield, he reminded me of a cat I used to have, just like the cartoon version. [​IMG]

I did find it odd that they chose to have Odie be a real dog, maybe in the sequel he'll be CGI too.

19. Matt Czyz

Matt Czyz Supporting Actor

He would be the bald, shorter fellow on Whose Line Is It, Anyway (often the foil to Ryan Stiles). He's also the Nabisco Snack Fairy Guy Thing.

20. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Heh. Ryan Stiles, whom I know from the "stop it, I'm starving!" ads! I do know the Snack Fairy. "Stay back! He's mine!"