Fox Demo Disk for 1 cent at Best Buy

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ace peterson, Dec 7, 2002.

1. ace peterson

ace peterson Second Unit

Sold to me for 1 cent at Best Buy the other day. The blue shirt told me it was free only with the purchase of a Fox DVD, but he didn't sound too sure. So I took it to the cash register for a price check and the blue shirt there told me "1 cent." OK, for a penny I'll take it.

It has some previews of upcoming Fox movies like Unfaithful, Solaris, and a few others. Also different demos to show off excellent pictures from Fox movies and excellent sound sequences. A few other things like outstanding menu DVD's and some behind the scenes excerpts from a handful of movies.

All in all nothing special, but worth a penny in my opinion.

Ace

2. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

3. Andrea W

Andrea W Supporting Actor

For a penny, they make good spare keepcases too. [​IMG]

4. GabrielleG

GabrielleG Stunt Coordinator

Exactly what I was thinking Andrea. Any idea if there is a limit on how many you can buy :)

Gab

5. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

I bought one the first week they were out for $0.01... but after that week, the bluecoats wouldn't let me buy anymore stating that the $0.01 deal was only for the first week it was out [​IMG] Now you have to get it with a FOX DVD.

6. Warren_Sc

Warren_Sc Second Unit

I don't think it is that good. I was thinking of using it to demo my system the other night and could not find any good scenes.

Toy Story II and Blade II did the job...

7. Andrea W

Andrea W Supporting Actor

Gab, I bought 10 at one go this past Monday. I was exchanging an X-box game and handed the customer service lady the 10 DVDs too. She said "You want all of these?" I said yes and that they should be a penny. She rang them up (at a penny) with no complaints.

I was never able to get one of the netflix DVDs (with the coupons in the case) out of Best Buy for the life of me. They always insisted that I had to sign up for netflix right then and there to get the case with the coupons. Maybe the returns and exchanges people are more lax. I never tried my luck there before Monday.

8. GabrielleG

Warren your right, the demo isnt that great but the cases are new. Which means if you happen to buy some used movies from Blockbuster( they are shorter and have a whole in them for a security device) or have some cases that are in bad shape you could replace them with these that only cost a penny. Also if i'm not mistaken there are some coupons for new dvds inside. So if you can swing it it's a great deal.

Gab

9. GabrielleG

Thanks for the tip Andrea. I was able to get five of the demo disks when I picked up splinter cell for the xbox. I price matched it so I did it at customer service. For once no questions asked.

Gab