FOX: Customer service phone # for replacement DVD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Lyons, Jan 4, 2002.

1. Dave Lyons

Dave Lyons Stunt Coordinator

When I insert my "Office Space" DVD a screen comes up with a box that says "Press OK to scan for DVD virus", and thats it. I brought it back to the store and exchanged it for another, but it did the same thing (in both of my DVD players). Is there a # I can call to set up an exchange for a good copy?

Thanks!

2. Alex Morrow

Alex Morrow Stunt Coordinator

Any chance you're using a computer to watch this? If not, what are you watching this on?

3. Aaron Schmitt

Aaron Schmitt Stunt Coordinator

Have you tried pressing enter on your dvd remote? You have to press enter to get to the actual menu.

Aaron

4. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

Yes, I think it is actually part of the menu presentation.

I put my copy in and "Press OK to scan for DVD virus" came up, but then I hit menu or enter on my DVD remote and it went into the menu, and I watched the film.

5. Dave Lyons

wow ... don't I feel like an idiot now ... you were right, it is part of the menu and all I had to do was press enter!!! [​IMG] As an owner of more than 320 DVDs you'd think I wouldn't have fallen for that ... something about it just didn't look right though, and I remember reading about a DVD that actually got out with a virus in the DVD ROM features ... guess thats why I was hesitant. Anyway, looks like my copy actually works fine -- thanks for the info!
    Oh, and for the record, the 2 players that I have are the Sony 7000 and the Pioneer DV-05 Elite.

6. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

Glad to help Dave, now what do you think of the film?

I bought it sight unseen, and since I love Beavis and Butthead and King of the hill, I thought I would love a Mike Judge film, I thought it was ok but am not sure of the rewatchability of this film. But I liked the boss(the guy who played Mr. Brady in the Brady Bunch movie) that guy is hilarious!

7. Nate Anderson

Nate Anderson Screenwriter

I think a lot of the humor of this film is targeted at people who have worked jobs like the one presented in the film.

That's probably why I thought it was hysterical.

8. Dave Lyons

I liked it ... of course I am in a similar work environment to the characters in the movie, though not quite that bad! In fact, I'm in my cubicle posting this right now ... so I could relate to a lot of the humor
    [​IMG]

9. Walt Riarson

Walt Riarson Supporting Actor

Anybody have the real Fox replacement/help e-mail address or phone number?

I bought a bad Revenge of the Nerds double feature disc (pixellates, freezes constantly, to the point of being unwatchable). I was hoping to find some type of number on Fox's website but no luck there.

Can anyone help me?

10. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

Peter Staddon used to post here so people could just PM him for a replacement disc, but he seems to have stopped. You could still try though. Chances are he still lurks, but not posts.

11. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

Peter Staddon is on vacation.