Fox -- Customer Service number problem!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Eric Huffstutler, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Eric Huffstutler

Eric Huffstutler Screenwriter

Eric Huffstutler
    I know this question has been hashed over before but wonder if others have had the same experience? In calling the Customer Service number for Fox Home Entertainment, the person on the other end was almost rude! I wanted to call in a complaint about a disc (another thread) and the woman on the other end started out being curt and read mainly from a script as well as talked to me in a reprimanding tone to "make sure" I have this and that or they WON'T honor an exchange.

I know there are guidelines but they could have come across in a more polite and professional manner!

Eric

2. Jough

Jough Stunt Coordinator

I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly, but I believe Fox outsources their call center traffic - which means that the people answering the phone don't actually work for Fox, but work for another company that provides call center responses for multiple companies.

The script will come up on screen and they'll usually just blithely recite it because there's no way they can be familiar with the minute details of each company's policies.

And yes, they should not be rude, but these companies tend to hire a lot of college students and do not provide a great deal of training other than how to work the equipment/phones, etc.

3. Eric Huffstutler

Eric Huffstutler Screenwriter

Eric Huffstutler
    Jough, I hear what you are saying because I have been on the other side of the phone working customer service in years past. But some of the places I worked recorded conversations and graded you on courtesy, professionalism, accuracy, and so on - often with a supervisor listening in. I am surprised a studio like Fox doesn't do random calls to see how their their company is being represented.

Eric