What's new

Fox Corrects the WS/FS Error on their Flipper Discs? (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure many of us have seen by now one of Fox's dual format Flipper discs. The problem with some of the early ones was that the Full Screen side would be Side A with the label visible and the Widescreen side was relegated to Side B which does not even have any labeling (Side A would have a notation on the hub that Widescreen was the flip side). This always bugged me a bit. I saw the DVD of "Johnson Family Vacation" last night and to my happiness, Fox had correced their error and the Widescreen side was Side A where it belongs with the labeling. Has anyone noticed that this is the case with some of Fox's other recent Flippers?

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I'm the last person to complain about disc art, but having NO LABEL at all on side 2 really looks cheap, and no doubt some people have been scared to even try playing the 2nd side putting the disc in with no label facing up. I know Fox reads this forum; I'm all for the use of 2-sided discs but can we PLEASE have a printed label on both sides? Thanks.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Sometimes my DVD player has a problem reading the non-labelled widescreen side whereas the crappy full screen - side A plays perfectly. Widescreen should ALWAYS be Side A.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I honestly hate how Fox is using dual-sided discs.

I don't think all of America wanted pan and scan editions on Club Dread or How I Got Into College. Don't even get me started on the Girl Next Door: Unrated DVD....

Fox used to be so good. Now they're just so sloppy.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Yes, but the DVD is dual sided. Movie on side a, extras on side b.

In every other region, the DVD is dual layered.

Eric_B_C

Stunt Coordinator
Given how badly my DVD player handles layer switches these days, I like flippers:)

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
No, this is really good news. I have one or two of the unlabeled 'B' sides, and the first time I saw one, I had to think about it for a minute.

My final resolution was that the dummies (FS fans) would put the label side up and us thinkers (OAR) would have the brains to figure it out and flip it over.

It was great in the past when the 'A' side read 'widescreen' in red letters, and the flip side was FS in black, but I'm not going to quibble over that.

Given a choice, I would rather have any studio skip the cover art to get out OAR and FS, rather than a possible FS ONLY release with cover art.

Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks