What's new

Fox - Chicago Is Announced - Now Where Are Those Promised Musicals (1 Viewer)

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Fox video has been saying for some time they will rlease musicals to go with the video release of chicago - Chicago is announced for August - still nothing from Fox - What gives?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, I bet Peter Staddon runs and trips over himself to answer this thread.:rolleyes

Crawdaddy

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
There is at least one person that I know of on this Forum that I believe cares. :)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Throw in another voice of support.

God, I hate to think what would happen to these titles if Chicago had been a critically-panned box-office bomb.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Well these titles would probably end up being released only in regions other than R1.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Why?

Because both "Hello Dolly" and a SE version of "All that Jazz" has been available on DVD in both region 2 and region 4 for some time now.

Both feature new Anamorphic Transfers. ( Dolly's picture quality is not quite up to scratch though )

The King and I region 4 version is also Anamorphic.

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
I had been eagerly awaiting the promised release of "All That Jazz" back in the fall. The problem for me is that when something completed and promised doesn't appear for months and months, I kind lose my interest in it. I was really hot to have this nine months ago, but my ardour has pretty much waned at this point.

As for my "Why" question, I know that what you say is true, but again I ask why? Why should "Hello Dolly" be available in regions 2 and 4 and not in region 1? The work has been done, so why the reluctance to release it here?

Thanks,

Deborah

Users who are viewing this thread