What's new

Fox Catalog DVD's (From New Label - Twilight Time) (1 Viewer)

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Gee, its really hard to tell picture quality when there is NOWHERE on the SAE site one can order the damn disc.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I love this movie . I'm not too sure what the issue is with Twilight . But this is the second time i've been ready to buy this movie and can't get it .

The first was with Fox a couple of years ago when they announced its release and never released it .

Come on Twilight lets get this program going .

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
As I said on another thread, I suspect Twilight's announcement was premature. They made the announcement before they were ready to put the program into effect. They certainly made their announcement with a bit of a splash. It would be good public relations to explain the delay.

Jobla

Supporting Actor
I agree, rollouts of new programs can always begin hesitantly. SAE is now taking orders for the new MGM/Fox MODs (such as THE SATAN BUG), so I assume that the Fox titles will follow soon enough.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
it looks like they have 87 items listed. http://www.screenarchives.com/full_list.cfm

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Originally Posted by kingfish /forum/thread/306804/fox-catalog-dvd-s-from-new-label-twilight-time/90#post_3775402

it looks like they have 87 items listed. http://www.screenarchives.com/full_list.cfm

Originally Posted by Eric Vedowski
I clicked and got "There are no titles to display."
If you then click the "DVD" button on that page, you do get a list of 87 that they sell, but they're not the ones in their "Twilight Time" project, just regular Fox releases , like the Alfred Hitchcock Premiere Collection and also some MGM MODs.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I sure hope I haven't missed something, but has there been any update on this series getting released?

Richard M S

Screenwriter
I hope this program becomes successful and that they advertise it properly.

I ordered The Kremlin Letter on February 16 when it was announced, but does anyone know the official shipping date and what will be the next release?

Charles H

Screenwriter
My guess is that THE KREMLIN LETTER will be released on March 15. I think that FATE IS THE HUNTER will be in April.

BethHarrison

Second Unit
Real Name
Bethany Harrison
I saw Fate is the Hunter on TCM about a month ago (cropped to 16:9 of course). The thing that stood out for me was the 2 cent photographic effects. It was living proof that at that time Fox was just pumping all the money they had into The Sound of Music. I won't bother with that film on DVD, but I'm very much looking forward to Violent Saturday and The Egyptian.

kagemusha98

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken Koc
Strange...I watched FATE IS THE HUNTER on TCM as well...on the HD channel. It was 2.35:1 aspect ratio.

BethHarrison

Second Unit
Real Name
Bethany Harrison
Originally Posted by Ken Koc
Strange...I watched FATE IS THE HUNTER on TCM as well...on the HD channel. It was 2.35:1 aspect ratio.
I'm in Australia, so maybe they broadcast it differently? Also, I recorded it on the SD channel.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Originally Posted by BethHarrison
I'm in Australia, so maybe they broadcast it differently? Also, I recorded it on the SD channel.
[COLOR= #0000cd]Probably. I was in Australia last year and noticed that all the 'Scope films TCM aired were pan-and-scan. A cultural thing, I'm guessing.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000cd]Mike S.[/COLOR]

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
On their facebook page SAE had a message that The Kremlin Letter dvds had arrived and would be shipping soon. That message is now gone. Just as sort of a heads up. I assume that announcement was a little early as the official release date is supposed to be next Tuesday. So, we shall see.

Edit: SAE posted again on Facebook today that The Kremlin Letter is kicking off this series.

lionel59

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael Robert Lionel Evans
KREMLIN LETTER is out. Does anyone have it yet? How does the transfer compare to the LBX print shown on the Fox Movie Channel?
Re: Wide Screen movies on Australian cable TV: TCM show quite a number in LBX format (never 16:9 though) but still shows many others P/S. At one time they showed a great LBX print of THE DARK AT THE TOP OF THE STAIRS, however later broadcasts have been P/S. The US TCM also plays this P/S as far as I know.
Fox Classics now shows 90% of their 'Scope ratio titles (egs ST VALENTINE'S DAY MASSACRE, THREE COINS IN THE FOUNTAIN) in 1.85 to 1, I guess to please the Philistines who become upset by black lines on the top+ bottom of their 16:9 monitors. This was not always the case. It seems to also be the custom in the UK. Tragically, even some local dvd releases here (egs SWEET CHARITY, ZULU DAWN) have been 1.85 to 1 "cropped" versions of 2.35 to 1 movies. This is also the case with some European dvds (eg. DESIREE, French+ German releases)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I received my [COLOR= #8b4513]The Kremlin Letter [/COLOR]a few days ago and watched it last night. It is a nice clean anamorphic 2.35 transfer in mono sound. If the rest of titles in the series are of comparative quality, I will be a very happy guy.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched it tonight and concur. It's a very clean print even if the color is just the tiniest bit lackluster (it may have been shot that way; I didn't see it in its original release). Still, my memories of the way this has looked before on TV were not positive, and this was definitely the best I have ever seen it look.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks