What's new

Fox Catalog DVD's (From New Label - Twilight Time) (2 Viewers)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I've wanted Shock Treatment for years, and AFAIK it has never seen the light of day on any home video format. Does it even get shown on TV?

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
SHOCK TREATMENT (64) was shown on the Fox Movie Channel with some regularity a few years back; check the FMC website if you have access to the station.
JOANNA is available in PAL, in a BFI package that includes a Region B BD.

Jobla

Supporting Actor
I would love to purchase DVDs of:
EFFECT OF GAMMA RAYS ON MAN-IN-THE-MOON MARIGOLDS
THE INCIDENT
SHOCK TREATMENT (1964)
BLUE DENIM and other films scored by Bernard Herrmann

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit
My impression is that the Twilight Time line tends to focus on Fox titles that have distinctive musical scores. Film music seems to be a primary interest of the guys behind the label. If this is the case, two good candidates for Twilight releases would be SODOM AND GOMORRAH (Miklos Rosza) and END OF THE GAME (Ennio Morricone).

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Bob Cashill /t/306804/fox-catalog-dvds-from-new-label-twilight-time/420#post_3876969
SHOCK TREATMENT (64) was shown on the Fox Movie Channel with some regularity a few years back; check the FMC website if you have access to the station.
JOANNA is available in PAL, in a BFI package that includes a Region B BD.
I recorded Shock Treatment off the Fox Movie Channel last week. Unfortunately, the movie in the print shown goes to pan and scan after the credits. Unacceptable!

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Jeffrey:K said:
My impression is that the Twilight Time line tends to focus on Fox titles that have distinctive musical scores.  Film music seems to be a primary interest of the guys behind the label.  If this is the case, two good candidates for Twilight releases would be SODOM AND GOMORRAH (Miklos Rosza) and END OF THE GAME (Ennio Morricone).
It's also probably not coincidental that some of these soundtracks, from both Fox and Sony titles, are appearing as limited edition CDs at or around the same time as their DVD / Blu-ray counterparts. FRIGHT NIGHT and RAPTURE come to mind.
Releases from both studio catalogs are probably most dependent on the condition of film elements / masters and simply whether the studio says "yes" or "no" to a given title.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Jeffrey:K /t/306804/fox-catalog-dvds-from-new-label-twilight-time/420#post_3877082
My impression is that the Twilight Time line tends to focus on Fox titles that have distinctive musical scores. Film music seems to be a primary interest of the guys behind the label. If this is the case, two good candidates for Twilight releases would be SODOM AND GOMORRAH (Miklos Rosza) and END OF THE GAME (Ennio Morricone).
Their main focus for Fox is titles that have never been released on DVD.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I know that Craig and Company are looking at many titles. I did ask them about an HD of "Tender Is The Night" DVD release's of "President's Lady" "Prince of Players" "Desiree" and also I think "Holiday For Lovers" "Womans World" and a HD of "The Rains of Ranchipur" and Beneath The 12 Mile Reef.
I remember them telling us that all of these movies had a very a good chance of coming out just as I listed here in the near and not to distant future. I recall some other titles from the old FOX SELECT PROGRAM FROM THE 80'S WHERE ONE MOVIE PER MONTH WAS ISSUED on VHS. Forever Amber and many others came out under this program.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
They recently confirmed the James Mason film "5 Fingers" as an upcoming title pending a firm release schedule. I'm definitely getting that one.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Since Twilight Time has abandoned standard DVD and will release all future titles on blu, shouldn't this thread be moved to the blu-ray forum? Just asking ...

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Thomas T said:
Since Twilight Time has abandoned standard DVD and will release all future titles on blu, shouldn't this thread be moved to the blu-ray forum? Just asking ...
Twilight Time has not abandoned standard DVD. Just take a look at their Facebook page where they have told folks repeatedly they are still dedicated to both DVD and Blu-ray.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
They have also said that the string of Blu-ray titles is sales test and they will decide if future titles will be DVD or Blu-ray afterward. They have said they will not release both formats per title like they did with The Egyptian again.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
JoHud said:
They have also said that the string of Blu-ray titles is sales test and they will decide if future titles will be DVD or Blu-ray afterward. They have said they will not release both formats per title like they did with The Egyptian again.
I sure as hell hope the Blu-rays continue and have bought 3 of 'em already.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Jon Hertzberg said:
Twilight Time has not abandoned standard DVD. Just take a look at their Facebook page where they have told folks repeatedly they are still dedicated to both DVD and Blu-ray.
Yep, what Jon said. They still have plans for DVD.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
I really wish that Warner Archives would get on this bandwagon. How much more difficult is it to produce BD-Rs, anyway. Certain titles like UNSINKABLE MOLLY BROWN or YOUNG BESS, for example, would be best served in the BD format. I love my BD of THE EGYPTIAN. Only wish they would put out more of these widescreen technicolor classics, like DEMETRIUS AND THE GLADIATORS or BOY ON A DOLPHIN where the hi-def difference is so pronounced.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
A much larger percentage of Blu-ray players will not play BD-R media (as compared to DVD players and DVD-R). My guess is 15% of the players out there.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Ed Lachmann /t/306804/fox-catalog-dvds-from-new-label-twilight-time/450#post_3877334
Only wish they would put out more of these widescreen technicolor classics, like DEMETRIUS AND THE GLADIATORS
To borrow a phrase from Bill Hunt, I would consider it "Rumor Mill" worthy.

Wade Sowers

Second Unit
Real Name
Wade Sowers
I do not do Facebook and such, but would someone in contact with Twilight Time suggest Martin Ritt's NO DOWN PAYMENT (1957) as a possible Fox Blu-ray title. This is one of the first films to discuss suburban living in America as it explores the lives of several young couples who move into a planned community - I saw it as a young person and it traumatised me into never leaving the urban core.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
I suggested it, Wade, and they agreed that it's a "good title worth reviving."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks