What's new

Fox Catalog DVD's (From New Label - Twilight Time) (1 Viewer)

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Excellent! Put me down for a copy of VIOLENT SATURDAY!

I'm hoping that THE FLIM-FLAM MAN (1967), INFERNO (1953), THE RAID (1954) and THE INCIDENT (1967) were licensed and aren't far off.

In fact, I'd actually be very surprised if THE FLIM-FLAM MAN wasn't one of the initial 20 titles.

Richard M S

Screenwriter
I am also a huge fan of SAE and their releases and I completely concur with the previous posts extolling their virtues. Count me in as well as a monthly purchaser of these films.

Jobla

Supporting Actor
I would love to see THE INCIDENT (1967), THE EFFECT OF GAMMA RAYS ON MAN-IN-THE-MOON MARIGOLDS (1972), WELCOME HOME SOLDIER BOYS (1972), and THE STRANGE VENGEANCE OF ROSALIE (1972) be considered for this new line.

walter o

Supporting Actor
I believe they are focusing on mostly 50's and 60's films? If so, I'd like to see JUSTINE, CHE (why this wasn't released to coincide with the Benicio Del Toro one baffles me), LAST SHOT YOU HEAR, JOHN GOLDFARB, SHOCK TREATMENT, SWEET RIDE, FLEA IN HER EAR, PRIDENCE AND THE PILL, HAND OF DEATH and THE TOUCHABLES.

STRANGE VENGEANCE OF ROSALIE is no longer owned by Fox, it is owned by the same enitity that controlled STEPFORD WIVES, LAW AND DISORDER, SLEUTH and THE HEARBREAK KID that gave them to Anchor Bay, so I assume since STEPFORD WIVES got re-issued by Paramount, thats where ROSALIE must be with.

Mark B

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mark
[SIZE= 20px][COLOR= #ff0000]APRIL LOVE[/COLOR][/SIZE]
at last. Great news. I'm interested to see how this program plays out. No DVD-R. Thank you, Fox.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
What's this?

Deep catalog titles on pressed DVD's, with booklets, essays, poster art, stills and isolated scores? FANTASTIC!

As long as the A/V quality is up to snuff (for standard DVD) I'll support Twilight Time as much as the titles align with my tastes so put me down for Kremlin Letter, Violent Saturday and The Egyptian for now.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I think this is a great idea and I'm definitely in for Violent Saturday & The Kremlin Letter and maybe The Egyptian

And I will also state my hopes of seeing The Incident make it into the 20.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Boy, what great news. I just posted a comment to the article and would encourage others to do the same.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Here's the reply I got back from Screen Archives: [COLOR= #b22222]No final list as of yet – stay tuned - Ed[/COLOR]

Jobla

Supporting Actor
Yes, SHOCK TREATMENT (1964) would be great, since Warner released BRAINSTORM (1964) this year and Criterion will be reissuing SHOCK CORRIDOR (1963) this coming January. SHOCK CORRIDOR has aired on FMC, but only in full-frame. It should be 2:35-1.

I'd also like THE DAY MARS INVADED EARTH and THE HAND OF DEATH, but only in widescreen.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
As everyone else is posting their favorites, I would like any unreleased titles from Will Rogers, Tyrone Power or Clifton Webb. As far as single titles go, State Fair (1933), Sitting Pretty, and LLoyds of London would probably make the most sense. However, it would be nice if they would consider releasing collections like TCM does. A Mr. Belvedere collection with Mr. Scoutmaster tacked on would be great. Lloyds of London could be grouped with King of the Kyber Rifles and Untamed as an epic Tyrone Power collection. State Fair (1933) could be put together with other desired Will Rogers titles like The County Chairman, Connecticut Yankee and Handy Andy (the last two are on TCM on December 28).

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
I'm guessing they're going to raid a number of those releases that have shown up in other regions simply because they're already restored and ready to go. Low hanging fruit and all that. Cleaning up the remaining Tyrone Power stuff would be awesome, though.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Shock Treatment (1964) -- yes! So long overdue. Never been issued at all, right?

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Originally Posted by JoeDoakes
As everyone else is posting their favorites, I would like any unreleased titles from Will Rogers, Tyrone Power or Clifton Webb. As far as single titles go, State Fair (1933), Sitting Pretty, and LLoyds of London would probably make the most sense. However, it would be nice if they would consider releasing collections like TCM does. A Mr. Belvedere collection with Mr. Scoutmaster tacked on would be great. Lloyds of London could be grouped with King of the Kyber Rifles and Untamed as an epic Tyrone Power collection. State Fair (1933) could be put together with other desired Will Rogers titles like The County Chairman, Connecticut Yankee and Handy Andy (the last two are on TCM on December 28).
Totally agree with this. I wish Fox would do a TCM venture like Universal and get some of the older films out there. Would love to see a 2 disc set with Clara Bow's 2 FOX films.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
The picking of the low fruit perhaps may be true. Fox had a program in the late 80s early 90s called Fox Studio Classics. Each month a new title was released on VHS. The list was published at the end of each year for the following year. Fans could vote on what movies they would like to see restored. I recall you had a list of titles from the studio and you checked the box of the ones you wish to see. There were no write in titles. Many of these films never made it to DVD. The wide screen movies were not wide screen on VHS. The Egyptian has been out by Fox for many years. You could buy it anywhere when stores like Sun Coast Video were in your local mall. I look forward to the Egyptian release and many of the movies on FMC which are now showing movies in wide screen but not all. Prince of Players is one that is not LB. I think I could pretty much guess a list right now of those yet to be released VHS movies.The movies also have soundtrack counterparts that have already been released and not the movies to dvd.

I love this move by 20th Century Fox because the movies are not MOD. I still though want to have the movies that have never been out which are mentioned in many of the above post's. Fox Film Library has always had my most favorite films. I wonder if they will still be leasing out some of their other titles to Shout!Factory. Shout gave out a list awhile back and a lot of us hoped for some movies and even supplied a list of what we wanted. I have to say that fan supplied list covered every single title I ever thought of.

I hope that Fox is looking like all the other studios at BD titles. The "Robe" which blew me away and I could name so many others. Marilyn Monroe Collection "Laura" and others that look great through my player but would love in blu-ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks