What's new

Fox Canada goes bilingual cover CRAZY! (1 Viewer)

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
Gah - that sucks! I saw that Fox has been doing bilingual DVDs for awhile (ie: Predator) but nothing like this. I don't want this to become a permanant thing on every Fox DVD.

Jeremy Brupaste

Stunt Coordinator
Unless the province of Quebec falls into the ocean, you can bet that bilingual packaging is here to stay.

Barring that, the only thing I could see changing a studio's mind is if people stop buying them. Every week I hear people in stores making fun of bilingual packaging, but they still gladly shell out their money for them, which surprises and annoys me. Myself, I just go the Amazon.ca/.com way for imports that are practically the same price.

I've even talked to store managers and said that I'm not spending anywhere near what I'd like to in their shops because of bilingual packaging. You'd think they'd care, but they never do...

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
^ I think it is because while ordering and importing dvds online is the norm for many of us here, it is not for the majority of people out there, especially kids and teenagers. Many of them would rather buy the dvd despite the bilingual cover than not have the movie at all. Casual dvd buyers won't care that much just for a non-bilingual cover.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter

We can always dream can't we? Anyways, Amazon will now be getting more of my business. But to be honest Fox hasn't made anything good in a while - with the exception of Garden State which I had preordered on Amazon.com already for some reason - maybe I'm psychic?

Laurence Price

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder which studio will be the next one to start using the dreadful and hideous bilingual packaging. Anyone ready to make a prediction? :frowning:

Eric_B_C

Stunt Coordinator

We can only hope.

Maybe this is a Quebecer conspiracy. Drive us nuts with bilingual stuff so we go "ENOUGH! Here, you're now your own country, now LEAVE OUR DVD'S ALONE!"

Jeremy Brupaste

Stunt Coordinator
Next week's big Fox release, "Garfield: The Movie" helpfully translates the film's title into "Garfield: Le Movie" for Canada's easily-confused (I assume) French population.

:rolleyes

Laurence Price

Stunt Coordinator

This caught my attention too. The more I thought about this particular DVD and the way that bilingual packaging was made use of the more pointless the whole concept seemed to become.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks