What's new

FOX: Can we please have a commentary on Minority Report? (1 Viewer)

TheoGB

Screenwriter
I know that Spielberg never does commentaries and I respect that, but does he stop anyone else doing them on his movies? I think it's real shame that none of his films have commentaries by other connected parties.
Minority Report really intrigues me and it'd be interesting to hear the thoughts of the guys who wrote the screen play, and of the cast.
Fox are good at providing these less-conventional sorts of commentaries, which is why I have some hopes...
:)
Cheers.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I think DreamWorks is going to be handling the DVD in the U.S. and perhaps even a larger region depending upon the deal between DW and Fox for the distribution rights.

As far as I know Spielberg is a stickler for no audio commentaries. I have rarely even seen him interviewed along with the cast during press junkets (like Charlie Rose) either.

Dan

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Ah yes, I forgot it would be Dreamworks in charge in the final call.

Ah well, the docus are usually good. Hopefully we'll see some really class stuff. But the Fight Club writers' commentary is one of my faves and demonstrates why a commentary track can be more important than a documentary.

Carl C

Stunt Coordinator
This will be a DreamWorks disc all the way.
But I do like your idea of a commentary track, even sans-Spielberg. One with Scott Frank & Tom Cruise would be terrific.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks