What's new

Fox Buy 4, Get 1 Free DVD Offer - What gives? (1 Viewer)

I purchased "Cast Away" and the new "Die Hard" box set, cut out the proof-of-purchases from each title and sent them in along with the form, and a $2.50 check per the instructions expecting to get "Last of the Mohicans" on DVD for free.
Instead I get a letter from "Gage Marketing Services" that states I did not include the correct proof(s) of purchase required for this offer. I did include the four tabs plus the receipts from my online purchases of all four titles. They were nice enough to send everything back to me including all four proof-of-purchase tabs.
I can't seem to locate the rebate booklet that stated which titles counted toward the rebate. I swear I saw "Cast Away" and the new "Die Hard" box set as vaild titles toward the free DVD.
Can anyone on confirm that both "Cast Away" and the three "Die Hard" titles counted toward the rebate or point me to a web site that has the titles? The Link Removed site has nothing about the rebate.

rhett

Supporting Actor
Maybe the offer only applies if you make 4 DVD purchases, rather than just buy 4 DVD's in box sets. So right now, maybe it only counts as 2 purchases, meaning you need two more. That is just my take on the situation :)
------------------
"Why don't we just wait here for a while...see what happens."

Jodee

Screenwriter
Michael, I'm in the exact same boat as you are. I just received the same form letter back with my submission on Saturday.
I kept a copy of the rebate booklet and read it again thoroughly and not once did it say anything about box sets not counting. It even had the box set listed in the catalog of valid Fox purchases.
If it was a problem in not buying them separately then wouldn't they have pointed out the receipt was not valid, not the proof of purchases?
I figured since each DVD had its own proof of purchase it counted as one. Since no statement was made to the contrary on the booklet, I think Gage is in error here. (I know for a fact that for a similar MGM promotion the James Bond box set counted as single DVDs).
I plan on giving them a call on Monday. DVD Talk had two customer service numbers listed for this promotion:
1-800-613-2658
1-888-695-7222

Thanks for the phone numbers. I'll give them a call and post the results. Sounds like it might be a mistake on their end but would like to clear it up before sending anything back to them.
Notice that "corrected" items go back to a different mailing address?

Jodee

Screenwriter
I tried calling both numbers today and was put on death hold. I waited for about 20minutes until I gave up.
I'll call again when I am doing some tedious computer work and can sit on hold for awhile.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Add me to the list of people having his request denied for the free DVD offer. I also included receipts and proofs of purchases for "Castaway" and the three "Die Hard" discs (from the box set). The PoP's for the three Die Hard discs had X's through them -- I guess this is Gage Marketing's way of indicating they consider them invalid. Since they are Fox releases and were purchased during the stated period, I do not see the problem.
BTW, Gage Marketing also spelled my name incorrectly on the enclosed letter. That's a pet peeve of mine -- getting business correspondence with my name spelled incorrectly.
------------------
My DVD Collection
AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 7

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
They did the same thing to me earlier in the year. They refused to count the proof-of-purchase from the X-Men dvd. My only guess is that the proof of purchase on the disc (cut from the booklet) doesn't have a number (and all the other POPs I sent in did). Sounds like a miscommunication between the marketing group and Fox.

quote: 1-888-695-7222[/quote]
Update:
I called the above number and spoke with a nice woman named Tenisha. I explained the situation and it sounded like they were aware of the mix-up (that the marketing company was disallowing the Die Hard proof-of-purchases) but she never confirmed that directly to me.
Anyways, she asked me to mail all of my material (proofs, receipts, etc) that was returned to me to the following address with a short note explaining what happened.
Suite 102
370 Amapola Ave.
Torrence, CA 90501
Note that this is a different address from where the items were orig. mailed and a different address in the return letter that I received.
Anyone else that spoke to either one of those phone numbers have the same reponse?
[Edited last by Michael Knieriemen on August 09, 2001 at 11:27 AM]

Last update:
My hat goes off to Fox for fixing the problem!
I just received an Airborne Express package with Director's expanded edition of "The Last of the the Mohicans" with the dual DD/DTS soundtrack.
Nice going! Thanks for following through on the promise of the free DVD!
[Edited last by Michael Knieriemen on November 03, 2001 at 11:03 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks