What's new

Fox - Buffy season 3 box (1 Viewer)

EricCr

Stunt Coordinator
I was wanting to try and get some confusion about this set cleared up. On the Fox web site it lists this title as coming "This Winter" I am assuming that would mean late 2002 or early 2003. Someone who was able to locate season 2 early, unfortunately not myself, said that the insert included with it says "coming winter 2003". I know you probably don't have the exact date locked down yet but is the insert closer to correct or the web site? I really hope the web because otherwise that would mean a very long, over a year, wait till the next set. Thanks for any info you can share.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
True winter runs from roughly December 21 to March 21. By that measure, I'd define "Winter 2003" as the upcoming winter (just as "Winter 2002," which saw the release of Season One, has already passed), since the vast majority of the season falls in 2003.
I'd assume that the reference to "Winter 2003" in the insert means sometime between December 2002 and March 2003 (about 6-8 months from now). Probably January 2003 if they stick to a 6-month interval.
Just my 3.4¢ (inflation, you know). :)

EricCr

Stunt Coordinator
I hope your reasoning is correct, six months will give me time to get through season 2. If they on the other hand really are going for late 2003 it will take a long time to ever see the whole show on DVD. It would have been better if they had just said "late 2002" or "early 2003" that would give fans a clearer idea of when the next set was coming and still not commit them to an exact date. The way it is worded now what winter means to one person over another can totally change how they read "winter 2003". I bet the marketing department never thought something so simple could be read so many ways.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
If it was just a matter of finishing them, then I'd prefer bi-weekly

It usually takes me about a week to get thru 22eps.

Course then AFFORDING said sets would be a whole nother matter

TheoGB

Screenwriter
It usually takes me about a week to get thru 22eps.
You lightweight!! Takes me about 3 working days - about 1.5 if I'm on holiday!!!:D
I reckon I've got just enough savings for 7 boxed sets inside a month. Go on Fox... :)

Bingo

Stunt Coordinator
My wife and I were Buffy "virgins" but I picked up the first season on a whim.
On ONE Sunday, we watched the entire box!
Now, we can't wait for Season 2
I'll assume we'll take our time and take a full weekend to watch everything this time around :)

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Hah, Steve. Season one is only 12 eps long and only has two commentaries, as oppose to 22 eps with four commentaries and featurettes - it's just a warm up!!:emoji_thumbsup:
EDIT: You should be aware that the commentaries in Season 2 and onwards are quite spoiler-filled not just for the rest of the season but also for future seasons, I believe. Whether you can possibly not listen to the commentaries on Season 2 while you wait the 8 months for the next season I don't know.
It seems peculiar Fox can't step up Buffy production in the States as the sets are basically done already for other regions...:confused:

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Buffy would be different :)
I finished the 6 episode screener inside of 16 hours ;)
That's about your pace
X-Files and other shows I usually go 3-4eps/day

Bingo

Stunt Coordinator
Unbelievable!

After just posting about Season 2--I go to the mall for lunch and what do I find before release date?

Guess what the wife and I are watching THIS weekend instead of NEXT?!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks