What's new

Fox Best Picture Collection - wrong disc inside! (1 Viewer)

DavidBC

Second Unit
I just got the Fox Studio Classics Best Picture Collection and the copy of "How Green Was My Valley" in it had the old, bare-bones 1999 disc and insert inside the Studio Classics case! I've looked on Fox's website, but I guess I'm blind, because I can't find an adress to contact them about this. Has anyone else had a similar problem or know how I can contact Fox about this?

BrianP

Supporting Actor
It must be a Canadian problem because you are not the first person I heard of that got the old version of How Green is My Valley. I remember reading a discussion over at DVDTalk about several Canadian members who had the same thing happen. You could try calling Fox at the following number below but I'm not 100% certain the number will work for out of USA callers. If that doesn't work try emailing them.

1-888-223-2FOX

[email protected]

http://www.foxstore.com/faq.html

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor
Yeah, this problem with the Canadian release was really widespread when the Best Picture Collection was first released and a search may turn up much bitching about Fox's handling of the issue. I too received a box set with the old disc inside, and Amazon.ca declined to take it back and refund my purchase. However, I was able to order the newer Studio Classics version of How Green Was My Valley from an online retailer for less than $7 Canadian, and that was a small price to pay for Sunrise.

I would just take your box set back to the store and exchange it.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Would've been more funny if they'd included a completely different movie, like From Justin To Kelly in the Best Picture Collection! :)

DavidBC

Second Unit
I found the old thread in regards to this ( http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...=&pagenumber=1 ) and there seems to be no conclusions on it other than a big ol' "Too bad, Canadians." I'd exchange the set where I got it, but I'd have to special order a new one (which would take weeks) and then, from the sounds of it, it would have the same problem! I can't believe something like this never got adressed by Fox! Oy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks