Fox Best Picture Collection - wrong disc inside!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by DavidBC, Sep 23, 2005.

1. DavidBC

DavidBC Second Unit

I just got the Fox Studio Classics Best Picture Collection and the copy of "How Green Was My Valley" in it had the old, bare-bones 1999 disc and insert inside the Studio Classics case! I've looked on Fox's website, but I guess I'm blind, because I can't find an adress to contact them about this. Has anyone else had a similar problem or know how I can contact Fox about this?

2. BrianP

BrianP Supporting Actor

It must be a Canadian problem because you are not the first person I heard of that got the old version of How Green is My Valley. I remember reading a discussion over at DVDTalk about several Canadian members who had the same thing happen. You could try calling Fox at the following number below but I'm not 100% certain the number will work for out of USA callers. If that doesn't work try emailing them.

1-888-223-2FOX

[email protected]

http://www.foxstore.com/faq.html

3. Marko Berg

Marko Berg Supporting Actor

Yeah, this problem with the Canadian release was really widespread when the Best Picture Collection was first released and a search may turn up much bitching about Fox's handling of the issue. I too received a box set with the old disc inside, and Amazon.ca declined to take it back and refund my purchase. However, I was able to order the newer Studio Classics version of How Green Was My Valley from an online retailer for less than $7 Canadian, and that was a small price to pay for Sunrise.

I would just take your box set back to the store and exchange it.

4. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Would've been more funny if they'd included a completely different movie, like From Justin To Kelly in the Best Picture Collection! [​IMG]

5. DavidBC

DavidBC Second Unit

I found the old thread in regards to this ( http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...=&pagenumber=1 ) and there seems to be no conclusions on it other than a big ol' "Too bad, Canadians." I'd exchange the set where I got it, but I'd have to special order a new one (which would take weeks) and then, from the sounds of it, it would have the same problem! I can't believe something like this never got adressed by Fox! Oy.