What's new

Fox: Bad work on x-men 1.5 (1 Viewer)

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
I just read a review of X-Men 1.5 and I am really disappointed. Fox insists to still have plenty of features only available while watching the movie.

In order to see the six deleted scenes and 17 featurettes you have to watch the whole movie again and keep waiting for a "white rabbit" and press enter. This is very annoying. When you watch the movie you don't want to get interrupted all the time. Then when you finished the movie and ready to watch the extras, you are now forced to watch the whole movie again. Just sitting there doing nothing until next featurette comes up.

I don't mind this white rabbit feature for those who might like it, but please include a menu where you can access these features separately. I cannot tell you how annoying this is.

Ron Birk

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Somebody got a little too caught up in the gimmickry while designing the disc.

As much as I like X-Men, this is one disc I won't be buying. Not out of any type of protest. It's just that it isn't a longer cut. And now you're being forced to sit through the whole movie to see the deleted scenes. And on top of that, I'm sure none of them are subtitled/cc'd. I'll be sticking with my original X-Men disc.

Gary_M

Auditioning
Darn, I was looking forward to that DVD. :thumbsdown:

Oh well, maybe they'll release X-Men another version later with the deleted scenes available in a more accessible format. X-Men 1.75 maybe? :)

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
First forced non skipable trailers and FBI warnings at the beginning of DVDs now forced repeated entire viewing just to see the deleted scenes. I don't not about others, but I'm sick and tired of the VHSing of the DVD format.

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
Patrick, perhaps you didn't read the initial post. Had you read it you would know it is not about being FORCED to view the alternate cut. It is in fact about the inferior way FOX has decided to implement it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks