Fox: Bad quality on Daredevil

Discussion in 'DVD' started by rbirk, Aug 3, 2003.

1. rbirk

rbirk Stunt Coordinator

I just rented Daredevil on DVD and was very upset with the quality of the DVD and very happy I did not buy it. In order to see the extras on the first disc you have to sit through the whole movie and wait for the little figure to pop up. Does Fox really think we all have an extra two hours to just sit and wait? When watching the movie for the first time, you don't want to be interrupted all the time either.

In other words, Fox, please make these extras available though some other means, like a menu. Fox also disabled the ability to access the extras by entering title numbers. They really went through the extra mile to make it as inconvenient and hard as possible to enjoy this DVD.

Please have someone go through your user interface and usability in the future. This is very very annoying.

Ron Birk

2. Travis_W

Travis_W Supporting Actor

You know there's a second disc right? Noone's holding a gun to your head to watch the branching off segments-and what's so wrong with waiting for them anyway? If anything it's an incentive to watch the film again.

3. EdwardKarlinski

EdwardKarlinski Stunt Coordinator

I purchased Daredevil as well. There is nothing which prevents one from accessing the menu from the start. You must not have known how to access the menu. The only extras on disk one are branching, audio commentary and DVD-ROM.

4. rbirk

rbirk Stunt Coordinator

Edward, you are telling me there is an easy way to access the branching extras? If so, how? I have been trying without success. The only way I know, is to simply watch the whole movie again, just sitting there doing nothing, waiting for that little icon to pop up.

Travis, sure no-one is holding a gun. But what if you want to see these segments? What would you say if fox started to put a 5 minute pause (that you cannot skip) between different options and features. Would you also be happy? That is how it feels now. In order to see the extras, you have random pauses for many minutes.