What's new

Fox Archives MOD Blu-rays are coming (1 Viewer)

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
The one I am most hopeful to see released is A TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN. It is an incredibly entertaining and moving film; I was certain we were going to see it released this year from Criterion or from somebody since it was showcased at the TCM Film Festival this past spring. Who knows when it will be released.
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn has already been released on Blu as part of the Kazan at Fox - Volume 2 collection (now out of print, unfortunately).

gjn123

Agent
Real Name
Brendan Brennan
. . . and now these discs have disappeared. All the on-line traders who were listing these titles a week ago have deleted them from their web-sites.
I got my copy of WOMAN'S WORLD Blu-ray last week form B & N. It's also available from Oldies.com. It's rather expensive (app. $28.00 incl. shipping). However, it's obviously a new transfer ( I have the Archives DVD) and it looks fine. It's also 2:55.1 Anamorphic, so you can rest easy on that score. If all the future Archive MODs look this good, I'll be very happy.

DannyLewis

Stunt Coordinator
I got my copy of WOMAN'S WORLD Blu-ray last week form B & N. It's also available from Oldies.com. It's rather expensive (app. $28.00 incl. shipping). However, it's obviously a new transfer ( I have the Archives DVD) and it looks fine. It's also 2:55.1 Anamorphic, so you can rest easy on that score. If all the future Archive MODs look this good, I'll be very happy.

But is it a pressed disc?

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt

Exactly the type of information we've all been waiting to see. Thank you!

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin

Thank you for that. I was beginning to think this was all a practical joke and that the discs didn't exist. If I can't find Woman's World anywhere else, I'll buy from Oldies.com whom I use very rarely and then only as a last resort because their prices are always about 20% higher than anyone else's.

Ken LB

Supporter
Real Name
Ken
Amazon notified me yesterday that Sitting Pretty is being prepared for shipment and I'll have it by Monday, though Woman's World is still delivery TBD.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Just ordered Woman's World and Sentimental Journey from B and N. They are supposed to arrive the 7th.

D

Deleted member 372755

You just made my day with this information! Thank you very much for that!

Where did you get it?

Please, let us know your impressions on relation to the video quality of the disc.
It looks like the DVD but higher resolution.

lionel59

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael Robert Lionel Evans
It looks like the DVD but higher resolution.
Update: I have received my copy of SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY. Terrific image and sound. I don't know if the earlier release had it but this even has a special feature: stills from the production.
Interestingly, Fox re-used their 'tinkling stars' sound again in CAROUSEL. No doubt due to Alfred Newman's involvement in both films.

THE GIFT OF LOVE, the Scope remake, is ok but I find the child star somewhat irritating in it and Bacall doesn't emenate sweetness half as well as O'Hara.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Fox didn't send me any review copies of these releases, so I've bought some for myself. I watched Woman's World today, and it did indeed look excellent. Just mono sound (very clean and clear, but shouldn't it have been stereo/surround?)

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Fox didn't send me any review copies of these releases, so I've bought some for myself. I watched Woman's World today, and it did indeed look excellent. Just mono sound (very clean and clear, but shouldn't it have been stereo/surround?)

Listen to the audio that goes with the bonus stills gallery. To me it sounds like genuine 2-channel stereo from the soundtrack, specifically these sections in this order: the opening flight-over-Manhattan montage, the title song with the Four Aces and the orchestral bit over the Ford credit following the closing title. That seems to indicate that at least some of the stereo soundtrack survives in some form.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Listen to the audio that goes with the bonus stills gallery. To me it sounds like genuine 2-channel stereo from the soundtrack, specifically these sections in this order: the opening flight-over-Manhattan montage, the title song with the Four Aces and the orchestral bit over the Ford credit following the closing title. That seems to indicate that at least some of the stereo soundtrack survives in some form.
I just reread my review of the DVD-R that Fox issued of this title, and on it, they used the two-channel stereo track! Typical of Fox not to do their research and use the best elements available.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks