What's new

Fox animation in OAR... (1 Viewer)

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
At a local store, on my lunch, I noticed they had early copies of Fern Gully, Thumbellina, and A Troll from Central Park. I wasn't going to purchase any of these but I was there picking up A Few Good Men for 14.44 and noticed them on the shelves.
To ease everyone's minds they have both anamorphic widescreen and fullscreen versions on the same disc.
Fern Gully is 1.85, and the other two are 1.78.
As least Fox does family right, unlike Warner with Follow That Bird (grumble, grumble)
-Chad

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Funny thing is that I also ran into a copy of FernGully today. Not an early copy...a late copy! I was shocked to see it on the shelf at a music store I was in, and then I realized it was the old Image Entertainment release! :laugh:
I thought about picking it up, but it was marked $19.99, and I figure the Fox releases will be cheaper, don't you?

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
As a matter of fact I believe that they were also, $14.44.

Sort of a standard price I believe.

-Chad

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
Hmm...WB owned Thumbelina and A Troll in Central Park, last I checked. Did they actually DISOWN them?!

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Definitely Fox discs...

For anyone who needs visual confirmation the box cover pics are up over at Dvdempire.

-Chad

Joel C

Screenwriter
I thought the Image copy of FernGully was actually FernGully 2? I think the Fox release was the first for the original.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
20th Century Fox Home Entertainment distributes Ferngully.

Image Enterainment distributes Ferngully 2 for 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Then it must have been FG2 I saw. I wasn't paying strict attention, and now that I think about it, the price tag was in the general area of where a "2" should have been.

Same thing happened to me at the same place, where I picked up DeathStalker II thinking it was the first one, not noticing that the price tag was over the "II", and not realizing that the cover art was the wrong one because I was in a hurry.

When I managed my software store, any employee who covered up important info on the cover with a price tag was shot. Period. In fact, we had corporate directives that stated exactly where the tag should go uniformly on all covers. Uh-uh; not in my store...I tore up a photocopy of the policy at a staff meeting one day and instructed the staff to only follow it if it DOESN'T cover up important info. I got support from every one of my bosses, up to the Vice President of Operations, too! Why? Because it is common sense!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks