What's new

Fox and Warner Bros. Rebate Scams? (1 Viewer)

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
Just wondering if anybody else has participated in the recent Fox promo where you can get up to $20 back if you buy 5 DVDs (included Kingdom of Heaven, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Fantastic Four and a few others) and the one from Warner Bros. where you get $5 back if you bought House of Wax and (IIRC) the newer version of the Exorcist prequel.

Anyway, I sent both of these in (the Fox one for $20) early December and still have not received either check. Everything (as far as filling out the forms and attaching the correct receipts, proofs-of purchase, etc) was done properly. I know it says 6-8 weeks, but I still have received nothing on either one. I am starting to sense filling out the forms and cutting out the POP's was a waste of time and a scam.

Anybody else have any experiences with these promotions?

Thanks,

Jason

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Sometimes the 6-8 weeks window is actually a lot longer.

For instance, I bought a new computer monitor back in October.

There were three rebates.

I got the first check in early December.

The second check came just a few days ago, and the third was just processed, and should be mailed this week.

One thing I've learned about rebates is to ALWAYS fill out the email section to receive notice of the status of the rebate.

But, yeah, the 6-8 weeks thing is not set in stone.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
IIRC, I received my Paramount rebates for Trek sets in March or so...after sending them out the end of December. You've just gotta be patient with these kind of things.

The only experience I've had with Fox is with Sunrise, which did not take too long to get to me.

DwayneH

Stunt Coordinator
I received my rebate from Fox in about 3 weeks. It came as a postcard/check. Very fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks