What's new

Fox and Paramount- A question about the process?... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
This is not a request. But, I am curious to the process of which movies get selected to be on dvd and what happens after. Do you sit down in groups and go over picks of the group or is it done differently? I look forward to your answer, as I think it would help the membership realize what actually goes on behind the scenes
Thanks!!

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Great question todd I am also interested as to how movies get selected to be put on DVD.
I am also looking forward to a response.
Regards,
Ricky

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Bump. I mean good question. Looking forward to hearing the reply as well.
Frank
------------------
movie.jpg
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nightdog&acceptadult=true

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm afraid you will not hear a reply on this very public forum!
Crawdaddy
------------------

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
We'll get a reply like we actually get Movies Like "Grease" on DVD. Dont hold your breath.

Will K

Screenwriter
Ok, why not??????
My thoughts exactly! I wonder about this from time to time, too. What is heck is the big secret? What, do home video executives meet with some mystery person in a dark D.C. parking garage? Weird.
------------------
unratedbanner.JPG

"We'd better not risk a frontal assault. That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur 93.2 AD

Martin Blythe

Second Unit
It's not a big secret, it's just a confluence of lots of different things. Eventually it does come down to occasional meetings to discuss the long range schedule. In the getting to that point there are many ways that titles pop up on lists, including filmmakers approaching us, new acquisition deals, personal favorites, reports on the state of original materials, seasonal reasons (e.g. a football package at Superbowl), to coincide with a theatrical release (e.g. the Croc Dundees), fan requests, and so on. The smaller the title, the less likely it is to make the schedule. And just because I put fan requests at the end doesn't mean we don't take them seriously.

DanR

Supporting Actor
The smaller the title, the less likely it is to make the schedule.
Of course, the opposite is not necessarily true. Because something is a BIG title doesn't necessarily mean it's more likely to be released. Bigger titles = more politics and people/interests involved. The most famous examples (and irritating, I might add) are Indiana Jones and Back to the Future.
Regards,
Dan

SteveMc

Stunt Coordinator
The most famous examples (and irritating, I might add) are Indiana Jones and Back to the Future.
Ah yes, the BTTF saga, forever entangled in a legal hell! I agree the bigger the title, the harder it probably is to release it...more people want to get their hands in it and be involved and/or compensated. That's why the Eric Stoltz problem has tied up BTTF so long (although maybe not the ONLY thing).
------------------
Crash
"I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack."
Help us get the Friday the 13th films-UNCUT. Click Here or here

MikeyW

Agent
Well, my hat goes off to Universal for taking their time on the BTTF triology. Doing it once, doing it right. I really want to see those Eric Stoltz scenes, so I could wait forever. In the meantime, commentaries should be recorded, ASAP.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks