What's new

Fox: Anamorphic or not? (package labeling) (1 Viewer)

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
This request/suggestion/comment also applies to any other studio who might (or might not, depending on how you look at it) do this:

With your feature films, you state "ANAMORPHIC" in the aspect ratio box on the back covers of your DVDs.

However, I notice that some non-feature films do not get this treatment. (An example of some that do are The Lone Gunmen and The Pretender.) As a customer who may not always go to the DVD websites or forums like HTF, I don't know what I'll be getting if I don't buy or rent it. I have a widescreen TV.

For example: Prison Break (Season 1) does not state "ANAMORPHIC" on the back cover according to a back cover image at DVD Empire. But Gord Lacey from TV Shows on DVD told me it is. Broken Saints also does not say "ANAMORPHIC" but someone at the BS website told me, "Fox stated '1.66:1 widescreen (anamorphic).' But someone else here on HTF said it is not anamorphic.

Of course, if that PB back cover scan is incorrect and/or the BS back cover is correct, then my apologies.

But why is the labeling inconsistent? I would like to suggest actually stating "ANAMORPHIC" if it is and "NON-ANAMORPHIC" if it is not anamorphic but still letterboxed. Thank you.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I stand corrected by saying only TV shows are affected: Romancing the Stone and Jewel of the Nile Special Editions only say

WIDESCREEN

Aspect Ratio
2.35:1

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks