What's new

Fox: an idea regarding THE SIMPSONS (1 Viewer)

Carl C

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, first off... I am one of the BIGGEST supporters of FULL SEASON box sets for television releases. And, as we all know, Fox has been the best studio about this and has broken the ground with THE X-FILES, and now THE SIMPSONS and BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER.
And I'm glad they will apparently continue to release all of these great shows (and more) in chronological, full season sets.
THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO RELEASE TELEVISION SHOWS PROPERLY... and Fox is leading the charge.
But I have an idea for a compilation disc set (or two) that I think might also work as a supplement to "The Simpsons" season sets:
I would like to see a DVD set with all of the Simpsons TREEHOUSE OR TERROR Halloween episodes! (Of course, the show is still on the air and there will be future Halloween specials, so we may be talking Volume sets here).
Before anyone guffaws, I'll point out that all of these episodes should continue to be included in the box sets of their respective seasons as well. I just think an additional themed disc makes sense in this particular case.
I mean, what would be cooler than to simply throw a couple of the TREEHOUSE discs in your DVD changer on Halloween and sit back and watch all of the Halloween episodes back-to-back instead of having to open up each and every season box set to do so?
I don't know. Just an idea. I know that I wouldn't have a problem purchasing ALL of the Season box sets as well as an additional TREEHOUSE set (even though, like I said, they would already be included individually in the season sets). Perhaps as an added incentive to get the TREEHOUSE set(s) they could throw in some supplemental material, like the cool TREEHOUSE comics that they release every year?
Okay... I'll stop now. I just LOVE "The Simpsons" and get a kick out of the Halloween specials. I guess I just want to have my cake and eat it too, huh?
wink.gif

`Carl

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I know I'd buy them...those are some of my favorite episodes...to be able to watch them all back to back would be great.
And it'd be great for people who just want to own the "Treehouse" episodes.
------------------
"This is not a drill. This is the apocolypse!"
Link Removed

KyleK

Second Unit
Yes! I was just thinking the exact same thing, because the local TV station is playing all the halloween episodes in order this week. I don't have the money to buy all the season sets, but I know I would definetly but a set like this!

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
This is one case where a "themed" compilation makes sense so long as it doesn't have a negative effect on full season releases but given Fox's track record I don't think we have to worry.

Jared M

Stunt Coordinator
in regard to the box set, how about some type of hard, thin, plastic sleeve that will fit over the entire box except for the opening, so the box its self, doesn't get damaged? A little less than 1/8 in thickness, max. possibly in acrylic?
[Edited last by Jared M on November 01, 2001 at 04:00 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks