Fox: Alien: Five Star Collection is coming - any chance of an Aliens: 5 Star?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bernhard, Dec 5, 2001.

1. Bernhard

Bernhard Stunt Coordinator

Aliens as a Five Star Collection, that would be awesome! Just imagine the dropship coming down in dts!
    Please tell me it's planned... [​IMG]
    thanks
    Bernhard

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I would like to see such an Aliens disk come with the option of branching so that either the theatrical of extended version can be picked. Bring it on

3. Will K

Will K Screenwriter

I'd like to see 5-Star editions of all these films. Even though Alien 3 and Resurrection are less popular, I'd like to director's cut of both, as there is tons of footage the public has never seen.

4. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I'd love to see Aliens get the SE treatment as the current release is somewhat lacking in the extras department.

5. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Cinematographer

I'm afraid they probably couldn't do an Aliens Theatrical and Director's Cut using seamless branching. There are way too many tiny little alterations in dialog, sound effects, and music cue stems between the two versions to be able to use that technology.

Cameron didn't just drop in new scenes like in The Abyss and Terminator 2.

However, fully remixed 5.1 or 6.1 (even better) discrete surround in DTS would be very cool for both. The 70mm 6 track stems for Alien just need to be fixed for dialog and sound cue errors. It had split surrounds (used for the Alien AC-3 RF laserdisc) where as the corrected 5.1 track for the current Alien DVD had mono surround in the back since its remix was derived from the Dolby Stereo stems. Aliens Director's Cut had mono surround too. Fabulous digital remixes supervised by the directors Ridley Scott and James Cameron would really punch up the tension. Look no further to Das Boot as one great example.

Dan

6. Joe_C

Joe_C Supporting Actor

Without a doubt, an SE of Aliens would be at the top of my shopping list. As one of the best action movies of all time, it would benefit tremendously from a cutting edge soundtrack.

7. Ken_Jones

Ken_Jones Stunt Coordinator

For a Five-Star Aliens SE DVD (which I would buy ASAP), I think it should be a three disc set, Disc 1 with the theatrical cut, Disc 2 with the Director's Cut, and Disc 3 with all of the available supplements.

8. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

If this were to happen it would be the best form of double-dipping utilized by a studio. I would in a moment re-buy these films in 5-Star collections. I would hope though that they would consider doing the third and fourth installments as well.

The third is a favorite of mine and I really would like to see how this film was to have been without the studio and it's alterations.

9. Elak Swindell

[​IMG] I would instantly buy a 5 Star ALIENS DVD, especially if it were two discs instead of one like the recent release. Being one of my all-time favorite films (one I adore so much, I spent three years slowly working on a totally complete "Final Draft" script that read word-for-word, scene-for-scene as viewed in the uncut version of the movie I had on video since my purchased "Final Draft" script was missing tons of material. Mine looks and reads exactly like Cameron's, it's just longer with all the added dialog and scenes). After buying the DVD Special Edition of ALIENS, I was highly disappointed at the small amounnt of supplemental material on it compared to what I knew was on the laserdisc version's second disc. I desired to see everything from the laserdisc set, not just a tiny piece of it. So, like everyone else, I also put my voice in for a 5 Star Collection disc with all the missing suppplemental items that fans wish to have and see, as well as updated Dolby Digital formats.

10. Luis A

Luis A Second Unit

Aliens 5 star in DTS? I'd be all over it.[​IMG]
    L

11. Tom Brennan

Tom Brennan Screenwriter

This would be a fantastic disc. As someone said earlier, it would be very difficult to have seamless branching for the two versions, so it would be best to have them on separate discs.