What's new

Fox 4/35 problems in DFW with Dish 6000? (1 Viewer)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I am unable to receive Fox on the Dish 6000. I can program in channel 35 with over 90 percent reception, it maps to channel 4, but channel 4 is black with no reception.
Back when I was getting the "generating default subchannels" error message, I was able to tune Fox directly by going to channel 035. Now that does not even work.
Waaaah!
- Steve

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Okay, this is strange.
When I program in channel 4 and then try to go to it directly by typing in "004" it fails.
But when I go to the program guide and drill down to select channel 4, I get the "generating default subchannels" message and the station appears on channel 35. Now I *can* select channel 35 and get Fox.
Grrrrr....
- Steve

Frank

Stunt Coordinator
Why would you want to watch low definition FOX? A truly fantastic HDTV movie is on CBS. :)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Sorry, Frank, I don't know what came over me.
:)
One good thing to come out of all this...I was able to draft a friend to help get my OTA antenna set up for once and for all. I still don't get analog locals well, but who cares? My OTA reception on all the digital locals is now in the 80-95 percent range.
But my patience with Fox and the Dish 6000 is wearing thin!
- Steve

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
my patience with Fox and the Dish 6000 is wearing thin
It would seem to me that the problem lies more with Fox then with the Dish 6000. If you remember CBS remapped their station over to 19(?) during the superbowl on purpose, not sure why, and then remapped it back over to 11-01. So I think if most likely has something to do with the way in which Fox is broadcasting their signal. Personally as long as I get my fix of X-Files I'm a happy guy. Thanks, Chris
------------------
Home Theater: http://www.ig-88.net

Users who are viewing this thread