Fox 26 in Houston Sound Problems

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Geoff S, Aug 11, 2002.

1. Geoff S

Geoff S Stunt Coordinator

Not 100% sure where to post this... but this should be the most accurate place.

Anyone else in Houston noticing sound problems from Fox 26? Any music seems to play loud out of the left speaker... vocals play quiet out of the right speaker, and it's only with this station so I know it isn't any of my hardware going bad.

The specifics are:
    using Optel cable right now, but the building is switching to Quad shielded coax to upgrade us to Warner Digital Cable in a month or so. All the cable in the walls and cieling has been replaced, but running from the outlets to the TV is regular old 75ohm coax (until I change it).

Any ideas? That is if anyone out there can match the specifics enough to relate...

2. charles white

charles white Second Unit

does this happen on all of Fox 26 programming or just the local
    content? The station could be doing a dual audio set up where
    station personnel is editing content with voice on one channel and music on the other. This is still common within news programs.

3. Geoff S

Nope, on everything on Fox 26, news, shows, movie presentations, everything.

Started a few days ago and hasn't stopped.

This has happened before on this and/or other stations where like the signal was encoded wrong or was in mono and not properlly processed so like all sound came from the left channel only or something. But in the past things like this were gone in about a day or less. This is getting annoying and I'd hate to have to resort to using my TV speakers for this one station to get rid of it.

4. Geoff S

Changed all my in house cable to homemade quad shielded coax... didn't fix it, but low and behold a day later it went away by itself. [​IMG] oh well, hope it don't happen no more!