FOURIER SPEAKERS

pink

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
roger walters
DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO FOURIER SPEAKERS? I THINK THEY WHERE MADE IN YONKERS NEW YORK....

Brian Serene

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian Serene
pink said:
DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO FOURIER SPEAKERS? I THINK THEY WHERE MADE IN YONKERS NEW YORK....
I never heard of Fourier speakers. The only thing I know about Fourier is that something called FFT (Fast Fourier Transfer). I knew a little about FFT, but I have not thought about FFT for quite a while.
I Googled Fourier speakers and I found a review from 1983. They were apparently very good speakers.

pink

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
roger walters
I HAD TWO PAIRS OF THESE SPEAKERS ABOUT THAT TIME BETWEEN 82-86.. I GUESS I WENT TROUGH SOME BAD TIMES AND SOLD THEM.. SOME TIMES I STILL THINK ABOUT THEM AND SAY TO MYSELF WOW THOSE WHERE SOME GREAT SPEAKERS, HEARD NOTHING LIKE THAT SOUND SINCE THEN. NOTHING EVER COMES UP ON E-BAY EITHER. IF ANYONE HAS A PAIR PLEASE CONTACT ME. THE LAST PAIR I HAD WAS MADE OF ROSEWOOD AND HAD NO GRILL....

terrisgolf

Auditioning
Real Name
christopher terris
Yes, Fourier Loudspeakers began in Yonkers, New York and was funded by Peter Aczel of the Audio Critic. The Fourier 1 was a splendid speaker that retailed for approximately $1,100.00 each. Cabinets were all hand made, as were the crossovers. Tweeters were usually supplied by JVC. They did not suck power and were quite efficient under normal circumstances. The company with respect to sales and marketing efforts were run by myself, Christopher S. Terris. The company was designed to be a small volume, high profit facility that could respond to the technical advances of loudspeaker development more quickly than the higher volume loudspeaker facility, thus giving the consumer the best possible sound and value per dollar. Sadly, the company just was not competitive during its time and stereo retailers did not receive it warmly. Peter Aczel was also caught in the middle of a serious problem that came to the surface. He was giving the speaker rave reviews in the Audio Critic, but he also was a major shareholder in the company. When word got around it pretty much doomed any possibility of a successful distribution structure within the audio community of retailers. Thus, few were ever sold. In my opinion, although not at the level of an Ohm Acoustics model F, the Fourier 1 was a superb loudspeaker and well worth taking a good look at in the used market.

chuxrox

Auditioning
Real Name
chuck petrakopoulos
Does anybody know what type of tweeters the fourier 8 had stock. Im restoring for my friends birthday by replacing some surrounds in them also. All i can find is 1" soft dome. someone had replaced the tweets with round instead of rectangle (existing holes were 2.5 inch by 4 inch spacing.) The replacement tweets found in them were vifa d27tg-05 06ohm 410. wich are ok. These speakers are in mint shape. Any info would be greatly appreciated. [email protected]

kevinsullivan

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin Sullivan
terrisgolf said:
Yes, Fourier Loudspeakers began in Yonkers, New York and was funded by Peter Aczel of the Audio Critic.  The Fourier 1 was a splendid speaker that retailed for approximately $1,100.00 each.  Cabinets were all hand made, as were the crossovers.  Tweeters were usually supplied by JVC.  They did not suck power and were quite efficient under normal circumstances.  The company with respect to sales and marketing efforts were run by myself, Christopher S. Terris.  The company was designed to be a small volume, high profit facility that could respond to the technical advances of loudspeaker development more quickly than the higher volume loudspeaker facility, thus giving the consumer the best possible sound and value per dollar.  Sadly, the company just was not competitive during its time and stereo retailers did not receive it warmly.  Peter Aczel was also caught in the middle of a serious problem that came to the surface.  He was giving the speaker rave reviews in the Audio Critic, but he also was a major shareholder in the company.  When word got around it pretty much doomed any possibility of a successful distribution structure within the audio community of retailers.  Thus, few were ever sold.  In my opinion, although not at the level of an Ohm Acoustics model F, the Fourier 1 was a superb loudspeaker and well worth taking a good look at in the used market.
I recently purchased at low price a pair of mahogany-clad Fourier 1 speakers in cosmetically beautiful condition. The surrounds were gone on the woofers, and the mids were not in good shape. The tweeters were blown. I replaced the tweeters with drop in substitutes (Audax), and had mids (Audax) and woofers professionally refoamed. I've now hooked everything back up. These are lovely speakers.

kevinsullivan

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin Sullivan
Old thread revivified: Does anyone know the impedance of the Fourier 1 floor-standing speaker?

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gr8Dane