What's new

Four Weddings SE for Region 1? (1 Viewer)

James Luckard

Second Unit
Real Name
James Luckard
I see there's an SE of Four Weddings and a Funeral coming out in the UK on Nov 29 from MGM. I'm assuming it'll have a nice, new anamorphic transfer. In addition, it has commentary, deleted scenes, etc. I'm dying to see it, and will probably buy it.

Does anybody know if a Region 1 release is likely? Since it's a British film, I kind of expect MGM not to bother, like their British-only A Fish Called Wanda SE.

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
I almost bought the DVD edition of "Four Weddings and a Funearl" yesterday, and didn't becasue I would like to know a couple of things first.

1.How is the transfer?
2.Is there an special edtion in the works for the future?

If anyone could reply to my questions, that would help a lot.

Another thing, if I spelled "funeral" wrong, then I apologize.

James Luckard

Second Unit
Real Name
James Luckard
The existing American MGM DVD is not anamorphic, as I understand. If it's the same transfer as the old OOP Polygram DVD, which I have, it's tolerable, no more.

There's an SE coming out Nov 29 in the UK, timed to Bridget Jones 2, which Four Weddings scribe Richard Curtis co-wrote. There's always the chance that it will come out over here, but frankly I wouldn't bet on it.

MGM did a simliar SE of A Fish Called Wanda a few years back, and only released it in the UK. I guess they figured a British catalog title like that would only sell well on that side of the Atlantic. I disagree, but what does that matter, I'm merely the consumer.

Thankfully, I got a regionless DVD player a few months back, so I'm buying the new SE, and I'm not holding my breath for a R1 release of it. It has an anamorphic transfer, commentary by director Mike Newell and Richard Curtis, deleted scenes, featurettes and trailers -- including the British ad campaign Curtis talks about in his script book that was shot with the stars but never aired.

Casey C.

Stunt Coordinator
Anything new on this? I saw the 1999 disc at Target today but held off because I don't want to double-dip on a SE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mat1
Recent bookmarks