What's new

Four Weddings & A Funeral - Deluxe Edition (1 Viewer)

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
This bloody well better have a new (and improved)transfer on this one!!!

Three releases that failed on all fronts is shameful. It's such a good movie.

Dan

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
It would be priceless if it included the alternate-take TV version of the film -- all "offensive" dialogue was double-shot at the request of whatever network had pre-purchased the TV rights as part of the film's financing.

Alternate versions of the lines are included in the screenplay book, some of which made it into the finished film because they were funnier than the "dirty" versions. I repeatedly missed the film on TV, and then when I did catch it they ran it uncut (hooray for CityTV! But I wanted to see the other version...) and at this point I've all but given up on ever seeing it.

I want to hear Hugh Grant mutter "Buggeration!" (in place of "F--k-a-doodle-doo") so very badly.

I realize that this version will probably only exist as a full-frame TV master, and I don't really care if it looks like garbage on the disc, as long as the "real" version looks good. I just want to see it one time.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
This is great news!

One of the few modern romantic comedies that I can watch again and again and again is finally getting the SE treatment.

When this first came to DVD, DVD was still a new format.
This, and BladeRunner were my first two purchases.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I want to see the 20 or so minute special that ran on cable called "More Weddings and a Funeral" that showed deleted scenes from the movie. Why this hasn't shown up on DVD yet is beyond me...

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
I have the british dvd. It has a really good transfer and retro interviews with the cast.
There is also a whole bunch of deleted scenes. They are unusual in that it seems that all of them are good enough to leave in the film. I don't remember a scene with an old man outside the inn and I cant check in that that equipment is unhooked for some rewiring.

This is my FAVORITE FILM OF ALL TIME (or at least it was until the LOTR Trilogy came out)! I'm so excited that I think I'll send Oscar Wilde a fax!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks