1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Four rooms

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Pedro Diaz, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Pedro Diaz

Pedro Diaz Agent

This topic is about 100% music. No movies. I hope you can help me.

I have four separate rooms that I want to fill with music. The rooms are: living room, dining room, garage and games room.

The speaker cable is distributed in the walls, ceilings and floor but it is no visible. The speaker terminals are located at 8 feet from the floor, so I need monitor speakers.

I want to control the volume and source from just one room (games room) but I just want to have one receiver. I have done a search and the only receiver I have found that has this feature is the NILES ZR4630 but it only delivers 30watts per channel. For enviromental (?) music is ok, but I want it for reunions and middle size parties.

I also want to control zones. For example, one day I will want to power just the dining room and the living room, but maybe another day I will want to use only the living room or the garage or maybe another day I will want to power all four rooms.

Do you know if there is a receiver with this feature?

Another idea that came to me is to use a receiver with an "A and B speaker" system and an amplifier with the same feature. In that way, I can power 1, 2, 3 or 4 areas.

What do you think? Which brands should I be looking for?

Thank you very much.

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Pedro,

If power is the only concern you have about the Niles, it has stereo pre-outs for each zone. So you can add outboard amps with more power.

A regular receiver with pre-outs for the main L/R channels will also work. Add extra amps for the zones, and turn off the ones you don’t want to use at a particular time.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

3. Pedro Diaz

Pedro Diaz Agent

Thank you very much Wayne.

Which stereo receiver brands should I be looking for?

4. george_k

george_k Agent